Best TV Shows to Binge Watch

The spring term may have just started, but a lot of us are already feeling the heat from homework, actual work-work, and extracurriculars. If you’re able to balance all of that, I applaud you -- but remember to take a break to refresh your mind, body, and soul. Make yourself a cup of tea, pop some buttery popcorn, and chill out with these Her Campus-approved shows!

For when you need a good laugh:

The Office

There’s nothing like starting off with a good ol’ classic. This show follows the lives of the employees of Dunder Mifflin, a paper company located in Scranton, Pennsylvania, but it’s nowhere near as mundane as it sounds. Whether you’re a long-time fan who has watched the entire series six times or a first-timer, The Office will have you laughing out loud.

The Good Place

The Good Place depicts Eleanor’s (portrayed by Kristen Bell) life after death and the wild shenanigans that take place in the afterlife. While death is often a touchy and depressing topic for most, The Good Place’s intriguingly humorous twist on it will have you smiling throughout the three seasons.

Grace and Frankie

Grace and Frankie focuses on, as the title suggests, Grace and Frankie, two women that have to face the challenges of getting older and transition into a different chapter of their lives following their divorces (in which their husbands cheated on them with each other -- don’t worry, this is not a spoiler!). Not only do I love the show for it’s absurd jokes and lovable characters, but also for providing me with a glimpse into the lives of older women, something that isn’t often but should be talked about.

For when you crave that adrenaline rush:

Criminal Minds

If you like lovable characters, true crime, creepy criminals, and heartwarming scenes all in one, Criminal Minds is the show for you. While it sometimes makes me afraid to be home alone, the members of the BAU and their individual storylines usually manage to distract me from the terrible crimes depicted in the show.

Black Mirror

While this show is on the heavier side (and may cause existential crises), it’s thought-provoking and relevant subject matter will have you mesmerized throughout all four seasons (and one movie) of this beloved British sci-fi series.

Game of Thrones

Last, but definitely not least: Game of Thrones. If you want to never leave your room for the time span of six seasons filled with action, drama, and unbelievable twists, this is the one for you.

Happy binge watching!