Snapped: Revision, essays and more revision…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

As the revision and coursework piles up and you’ve drained Hallward of all the books you can think of that remotely link to your essay, we’re all in need of a few home comforts and chill-out mechanisms to keep us sane. I’ve taken a snapshot of my current coursework set up, and with a good few thousand words to go, I’ve made it pretty sweet.

My revision and coursework desk essentials:

1. Scented candles – I have added a bit of mood lighting to my desk, perfect for some zen and on a more practical note, rids your house/halls of the stale, unused smell it has acquired over Christmas. I’ve gone for ‘Cupa Chups – strawberry scent’ and Yankee candles ‘Turquoise sky’, and o-m-g they smell divine.

2. Mug of green tea – herbal teas automatically make you feel more chilled, but green tea also does wonders for those stress spots alongside all the other health benefits. Oh and of course it warms you up when you’ve been torn away from the home comforts of central heating.

3. Spotify playlist – I have found the best playlist to accompany essay writing called ‘Afternoon Acoustic’, featuring some of the most mind calming artists – Ben Howard, Bon Iver, Benjamin Fancis Leftwich and Nick Mulvey to say the least.

4. Saved the best for last… Snacks! – After Christmas, we all have an abundance of chocolate and sweets to get through and what better time than when trying to motivate yourself to write that last 500 words. Who cares about New Year’s resolutions? You’ve got essays to write!

Best of luck with exams and coursework everyone!

Immy Hibberd

Nottingham