Blake Lively in Gossip Girl
Blake Lively in Gossip Girl
Warner Bros. Television
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are expecting! Today Lively announced on her chic website ‘Preserve’ that she was pregnant by posting a beautiful baby bump pic! There is in fact an entire section devoted to family life! The website states “in the upcoming days we will bring even more treats and fun. The entire next month will be sprinkled with highlights for women in this exciting chapter of their lives. Congratulations to all the expecting mothers out there. Underneath this lovely message is an array of beautiful pregnant women enjoying the sunshine and simplicity of nature. Finally we end on a photo (taken by her brother Eric Lively) of a pregnant Lively!

Was this a wanted baby? We’d say so! In September this year Lively told Marie Claire “if I could spit out a litter of kids, I would” and Lively has been keen to tell the media what a great potential father Reynolds would be! This summer Lively told Vogue that “[Reynolds] is going to be a great father and leader and patrirach – he’s so meant to be all of those things.” This of course started a media frenze of people questioning the couple! Now that Lively has announced her pregnancy we can only imagine how utterly gorgeous this child is going to be!

Congratulations Blake and Ryan! We can only hope that Blake and Leighton Meester make up! We’d love to see Blair as Serena’s child’s Godmother!