Must-Haves for Your Winter Wardrobe

Dressing in the winter is always such a struggle—looking cute AND staying warm at the same time almost seems like an impossible feat. Below are the items that have truly helped me overcome this obstacle, and hopefully they'll provide some inspo for your winter wardrobe as well!

1. 1. Combat boots

My friends and family make fun of me for how much I love shoes, so I may be biased, but I firmly believe everyone should own a pair of combat boots. My personal faves are Tommy Hilfiger boots and Doc Martens vegan line of boots, but these tend to be pretty expensive. I also raid my favorite locally-owned boutiques for cheaper shoes, and Nordstrom Rack always has the best items marked down to an affordable price.

2. 2. Fuzzy jacket

I have about four fuzzy jackets that I am constantly rotating through during the winter months, and I honestly don’t know what I would do without them. I mean, they basically double as a jacket AND a blanket, and they’re super cute! My personal favorite is Urban Outfitters’ BDG Carmella Reversible Teddy Jacket, shown above, which I have in both white and black.

3. 3. Turtlenecks!

I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am that turtlenecks are back in style! They literally go with every outfit, and the high-neck is the added warmth every girl needs for the freezing South Bend winters. If the stars of my outfits are my pants or my jacket, I opt for a simple white or black turtleneck; but I also have one in bright red and two fuzzy gray ones if I want the top to be my statement piece. I recommend Urban Outfitters (my favorite store if you couldn’t tell), but I also love to raid Shein if I know exactly what I want and am looking for a cheaper price.

4. 4. Beanies

I can’t vouch for everyone else, but my winter hair is my worst hair. As much as I try to remedy it, it inevitably loses color around this time every single year, and beanies are my go-to solution. Luckily, beanies can be found ANYWHERE and aren’t that pricey; I’m notorious for adding one to my cart whenever I online shop. ASOS has the cutest beanies—I especially love these cheetah print and black pom-pom ones. Pictured above are the Urban Outfitters Rib Knit Beanies.

5. 5. Corduroy pants

Like turtlenecks, I’m also grateful (and pretty surprised) that corduroy is in style again. Staple olive-green, brown and black corduroy pants are perfect for any winter wardrobe. Want something a little more fun? My absolute favorite hidden gem of boutiques, Pitaya, has these zip front corduroy flare pants in stock right now that are a must-have.

Image 1, 2, 3

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!