Jenna and Jordan: A Bachelor in Paradise Love(?) Story

Who says Bachelor couples don’t last? Desiree and Chris, Sean and Catherine, and Kaitlin and Shawn are all still going strong. Jared and Ashley even found their way to each other, eventually! There are those fortunate pairings that manage to hold onto each other after the whirlwind that is reality television leaves them in the clear. Bachelor in Paradise’s, Jordan Kimball and Jenna Cooper, most likely believed they were the lucky ones after their finale engagement, but little did they know a storm was headed their way.

Cooper, a social media manager from Upland, Indiana, was originally a contestant on Arie’s season of the Bachelor. She started her own business called Jenna Cooper Media based in Raleigh, North Carolina. After being sent home by Arie on Week 6 of the show, Cooper was given the opportunity to once again try to find love in Paradise--and she did (sort of).

For those who watched the Bachelorette’s 14th season featuring Becca Kufrin, Kimball came to be known as the comedic relief of the group. A male model from Crystal River, Florida, he made a name for himself with his sizable ego, willingness to attend a cocktail party in nothing but his boxers, socks and shoes, and his humorous critique of the other contestants’ fashion choices. Some saw Kimball as a funny, lovable contestant with a rough exterior. Others simply saw him as a tool.

Image Courtesy of Bustle

While he played a less serious role during his time on the Bachelorette, fans were exposed to a new, more romantic side of Kimball in Paradise. From the moment Jenna entered, Kimball knew she was something special, “I care about Jenna. Everyone saw me fall at first sight for her and I will never deny that.”

During the final episode of the season, which aired on September 11th, 2018, fans watched Kimball ask Cooper to marry him, and thus another engagement was born in Paradise. However, another reveal shocked the Bachelor Nation that day. Reality Steve, a blogger known for having the inside scoop on all things Bachelor, released an article featuring text messages exchanged between Cooper and a mystery man. The texts range from flirting, to Cooper assuring him that her feelings for Kimball aren’t real. Her anonymous admirer sent the texts to Reality Steve after an argument the two had over her accepting Kimball’s proposal.

Images Courtesy of Reality Steve  

It seems that just as the celebrations began, so did the heartbreak. “I’m weak in the knees and I feel like I have rocks in my stomach,” stated Kimball in response to the shocking news, “I know my Jenna. I read those texts and in my heart I know it’s her.” In addition to speaking to the press, Kimball took to Instagram to explain his feelings:

“To think, to feel, to fall…When you’re in love with even the experiences you’ve had with them it’s something to respect…I have not had an easy life and having struggles   allows me to grab onto tough times and discard them from my path. I deal with unreasonable circumstances reasonably and have come to terms with a decision to remove myself from the relationship, it breaks my heart to think, feel and fall for this. It dropped me. Fumbling emotions and being understanding is not easy. I’ll be taking time to pursue my inner peace and she will always have me to talk to, if you’ve reached out to me, allow me time. Thank you to those that have.”

(Kimball via Instagram)

Despite Kimball’s confidence in the validity of the allegations, Cooper released a statement of her own on Instagram in an attempt to defend her name:

“I want to start by saying those texts were completely fabricated, and I never sent them to anyone. I did not cheat on Jordan, and I have nothing to hide. I have been extremely open and vulnerable throughout this whole process. I was looking for love, and I found it. I was excited to share this journey with all of you. I am hurt by these fake texts, and that anyone would believe this story so quickly without proof. I have an attorney helping me investigate this hurtful and fraudulent attack on my character. We are evaluated all legal remedies available to punish those responsible.”

(Cooper via Instagram)

Image Courtesy of Entertainment Tonight

At the moment, a conclusion cannot be reached regarding the truth behind these claims. Kimball and Cooper have broken off their relationship, and only time will tell whether or not the two found love in Paradise after all.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!