Fun Things To Do in South Bend This Fall

Fall is my favorite time of the year. The weather is no longer scalding hot, the leaves turn the most beautiful shades and football season is in full swing… what more could I ask for? Sometimes, however, I get nostalgic from not being home, where I can go to my favorite apple orchard and the cafe with the best pumpkin spice latte. Therefore, I’ve decided to make the most of being in South Bend during this lovely season. Here are some things to do if you’re looking to find ~fall vibes~ as well:

1. 1. Visit Local Pumpkin Patches

Nothing feels more like fall to me than going to a pumpkin patch with your friends and simply spending time together. For a wholesome experience, Ashley’s Pumpkin Farm is a family-owned farm where you can buy affordable pumpkins. If you’re looking for a more action-packed experience, Thistleberry Farm has plenty of activities including hayrides, a corn maze and observing farm animals.

2. 2. Movie Marathon

Whether it’s staying in and indulging in Freeform’s 31 Nights of Halloween movie marathon or going to theaters and watching the latest horror flick, nothing beats a relaxing night of watching movies with your best friends. Cinemark Movies 14 in Mishawaka, just 10 minutes from campus, has the ~comfiest~ reclining chairs for a truly cozy experience.

3. 3. South Bend Farmer's Market

Located south of campus, the South Bend Farmer’s Market is a true hidden gem. Every time my whole family is in town, we make sure to go and enjoy everything it has to offer. Local farmers sell everything you can imagine: flowers, treats, books, produce and more. Inside, there’s also a cute cafe that serves delish breakfast & lunch if you want to #treatyourself.

4. 4. Bake Night!

Fall flavors are the BEST flavors, hands down. Invite some gals over to bake fall treats such as pumpkin bars, mini apple pies, cinnamon bread and more. Round off the night with cider and cocoa to get the best of all of the fall flavors.

5. 5. Host a Friendsgiving

I know it’s a bit early to talk about Thanksgiving, but it tends to be overlooked in terms of holidays. Right after Halloween, people IMMEDIATELY start thinking about Christmas–even though Thanksgiving has so much to offer!! Simply host a dinner & have everyone pitch in, or make a whole day out of it just like actual Thanksgiving.

Image 1, 2, 3

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!