Football Fashion Do’s and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Now that we are back into the swing of things, the weeks are all about getting ready for the big football weekends ahead. This weekend’s game is going to be epic as we face the Michigan Wolverines for the last time in the foreseeable future. Being a night game, there are no excuses for sub par school spirit – we have all day to get decked out in Irish gear. There are some do’s and don’ts when it comes to game day fashion. Let me help you stay comforable and spirited at this weekend’s game! 

1. Do check the weather.

Indiana weather is unpredictable so always check the weather. Like multiple times a day. One hour could be sunny and 75 and the next it’s storming and cold. Most of the games at the beginning of the season will be sweltering, the perfect time to break out the shorts and tanks. If there is a chance of rain, bring a rain jacket, or if you’re the more carefree type, just embrace the rain. Aim for comfort because the games are long and nobody wants to be fiddling with their clothes while trying to watch the game. A night game necessitates carrying around a light jacket or sweater for when the sun goes down.

2. Do wear comfortable shoes

Standing all day can be brutal on your feet. Opt for some cute sneakers that are green or blue. Cute sandals and flip-flops are great if you can deal with standing in them all day. Whatever shoe you choose, be comfortable. Also, choose a shoe that allows you to climb up and down the stadium steps with ease. In other words, I would advise leaving the heels and wedges at home and wearing something with more support.

3. Do accessorize

Face tattoos, hats, beads, ribbons, etc. Anything that says ND or is green, gold, or blue, is fair game. The more the merrier! This is the main excuse we get for being absolutely crazy about our school. Show off to the world how much you love your school!

4. Don’t forget to have something to carry your stuff in

Whether you’re a fan of the fanny pack or a traditional purse, don’t forget to have something to hold all of your assorted items. I will admit that it can be a long day of tailgating and especially with this night game, you won’t want to keep running back to your dorm for the Chapstick or hand sani you forgot. The new E-tickets make things a lot easier by not having to tote around the ticket book, and if you can fit all of your things into your pockets then all the power to you. A recent obsession of mine has been finding cute bags that are ND colors. There are so many adorable ones out right now. I don’t know how I’ll be able to choose just one for Saturday!

5. Don’t forget to have fun!

Your football experience should be a lively time spent with your friends, while cheering for your favorite team. Make it a bucket list item to break out the body paint sometime this year. Invest in some shiny gold leggings and strut your stuff!

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images: cover123

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.