The Best Spotify Playlists for Finals Week

The most dreaded time of the year is soon arriving: finals week. And although every psych professor I’ve ever had has been adamant about NOT listening to music while studying, I’ll never be able to forfeit my favorite tunes during the long hours spent in the library. Here are some of the best playlists I’ve found on Spotify that have made studying slightly more bearable.

1. I personally think Lofi music is one of the best genres to listen to while studying, and it turns out science supports it. Lofi stands for “low fidelity,” which means it contains the technical flaws of a music recording and your brain tries to pick out these flaws which works to get you into a focused mindset. Without any lyrics, this playlist ensures few distractions from your work while still providing good music to pass the time. I tend to switch back and forth between this playlist and another Lofi hip hop one that’s a little more upbeat.

2. If Lofi music isn’t for you, try out this playlist. The ~vibes~ are super chill and it contains a bunch of indie and alternative artists which are genres I find to be calming. It’s also super appropriately named, because I know we’ll all be spending many late nights in the library come finals week.

3. This playlist’s description is literally “when you feel like you’re 100% that b****” (Spotify censors, I guess?). Anyways, this playlist will provide you with all the motivation you need to take another practice test or to keep reading that textbook. Featuring Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Nicki Minaj and more, you'll definitely be feeling inspired and confident in your studying abilities.

4. This playlist has the same energy as the one above, but with more of a pop focus rather than hip hop. So if you still need motivating music but enjoy artists like Harry Styles and Khalid more, try this one out. With almost 4 hours of mood-boosting tunes, it’s sure to get you through that long study sesh you’ve been putting off.

5. 5. Make your own!

After the Lofi playlists, this is my favorite thing to do! I make a playlist with a bunch of songs that I know very well and shuffle it during my studying. This way, I won’t be distracted by any new music; and it also guarantees that I’ll like each song that comes on.

Good luck on finals, ladies! 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!