nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Sure-Fire Way to Land a Summer Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

It’s application season and the deadline for summer positions are fast approaching. As a college student, I am constantly searching for new jobs and internships to apply to. During my freshman year, I would always visit the career center for guidance and advice on my cover letters and resume. All students should take advantage of their school’s career center because our advisors are there to help us with whatever we need.

At first, I found applications very intimidating. I felt as if I didn’t qualify for much since I was just starting out. But, the more I wrote, edited, and searched for positions, the more I learned about different companies and positions, I grew comfortable with writing cover letters and resumes.

One thing you must keep in mind is to never give up. The more applications you send, the better you’ll get at the application process. This will increase your chances of landing a job/internship from the wide variety of organizations you’ve sent your resume to.

There are numerous job-search websites out there, and when searching for specific positions, this can get extremely overwhelming. That’s why I signed up for WayUp, an online platform to help hire students and recent grads. When I did, I found applications to be way less stressful. Here’s why:

WayUp will match you with positions you qualify for.

That’s right, WayUp hooks it up! Once I signed up and attached my resume, which took about 30 seconds, the job listings page updated with posts for jobs I qualify for. I no longer had to dive deep and search through hundreds of positions I didn’t even match with. 

Applications are quick and easy.

For many of the applications, you just have to submit a resume and/or answer a few questions and BAM! Your application has been sent. I told you, WayUp hooks it up.

Oh, Yeah! And it’s FREE!

That’s right, you read that correctly. It’s completely free to sign up, so what are you waiting for?! Sign up right now. Also don’t forget to check out The New School Career and Job site, as well, for on and off-campus positions.

Remember don’t give up. The more resumes you send out, the more likely you are to get hired.

Hello there, my name is Caroline Dilone, I was born and bred in NYC and am a graduate of The New School where I majored in Journalism + Design. I have a passion for storytelling, travel, art, and coffee shops. As a former Her Campus New School Writer, I am so excited to return as an After College Feature Writer.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com