This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Whether it’s studying for the upcoming midterms or simply doing your weekly homework, here are 8 coffeeshops where you can enjoy a latte and get your work done in peace.

McNally Jacksons, 52 Prince St

A coffeeshop inside an independent bookstore, honestly my kind of heaven

Stumptown Coffee Roasters, 30 W 8th St

An array of coffee options to choose from, all crafted to perfection, and a cozy environment.

Think Coffee, 568 6th Ave

There are so many ‘Think Coffee’ shops around the city, but this one is closest to our buildings, enjoy the coffee and pastries! 

The Bean, 824 Broadway

An indie vibe, fun wall art, fresh coffee, teas, sandwiches, smoothies… you name it. It’s also right across from The Strand, so if you’re not feeling your essay, take a break and browse some books.

FIKA, 555 6th Ave

A minimalist Swedish coffee shop, Scandinavian snacks, and roomy marble tables to make yourself comfortable at… an idyllic scene.

Jack’s Stir Brew, 138 W 10th St

Their cafes tend to be small, but comfortable nonetheless. Definitely try one of their vegan doughnuts!

Caffe Reggio, 119 Macdougal St

Usually dark, but if you’re able to grab a seat close to the window, get ready for a relaxing homework session accompanied by some background classical music at this historic home for the “Original Cappucino”. If you’re feeling a bit hungry, try their cannoli!

Toby’s Estate Coffee, 44 Charles St

Take out your cameras cause this Brooklyn-based coffee shop has amazing minimal interior deco and a ton of natural light. Perfect for homework AND it’s social media friendly.

Happy Studying!
Elizabeth Tracey

New School '21

Annemarie Imnadze is an undeclared freshman and Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Chapter at The New School.