This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

I’m always looking for more podcasts to feed my ever-growing obsession, and my fellow Her Campus writers helped me out this week with some great recommendations! The below collection begins with a few of my personal favorites followed by those of staff writers just as podcast-obsessed as I am. Let’s pop our earbuds in and get listening!

Girls Gotta Eat 

I found this podcast during my first year at The New School, and no podcast since has made me laugh harder. The two co-hosts are NYC-based comedians who talk all things love, sex, and relationships with special guests ranging from Dale Moss (pre-bachelorette!) to Elizabeth Warren (yes, you read that right). Everyone I talk to about this podcast gets hooked immediately. Can’t recommend it enough! 

NPR’s Up First

This news podcast by NPR is released every weekday morning at six o’clock, and it highlights the three biggest news stories of the day with reporting and analysis. Each episode is only up to  fifteen minutes long, which for me is the perfect amount of time to catch up on the news while going about my morning routine. It’s simple, informative, and to-the-point, so if that’s the way you like to digest the news, this is the pod for you! 

99% Invisible

Originally recommended to me by a professor, this podcast is about the life-changing, but often overlooked, design and architecture of our world.  From the artificial scarcity of diamonds perpetuated by DeBeers to the symbiosis of Instagram and architecture, this podcast dives deep on niche topics and secretly makes me feel smart when I bring them back up in conversation. And they happen to be super interesting– win-win!

NPR’s How I Built This

How I Built This is a classic, but I had to throw it in for those of you who don’t know about it! Hosted by NPR’s Guy Raz, this podcast delves into the stories of entrepreneurs behind brands like Canva, La Colombe, Chipotle, Yelp, Lyft, Khan Academy, Zumba… the list goes on and on! If you’re looking for some extra motivation to keep your hustle going, How I Built This is sure to inspire you.

The Magnus Archives 

Jess tells me The Magnus Archives is a must-listen if you’re into horror fiction. This podcast comes out with weekly episodes on what, or who, lurks in the archives of the Magnus Institute, an organization devoted to studying the esoteric and the weird. According to Jess, this is a binge-listen– you’ve been warned!

Your Own Magic 

Clara highly recommends this spirituality podcast full of celebrity interviews, tarot readings, and insights from artists, authors, guides, and healers. Your Own Magic encourages the integration of the mind, body, and spirit in ways you have yet to discover. For the spiritual junkies out there, this one’s for you!

Cheers, Brother!

Clara’s second recommendation is a comedy podcast by YouTubers Sarah Baska and Caitlyn Rae. Filled with unfiltered and unedited banter about anything and everything, this sounds like the perfect podcast to listen to as you check off those mundane chores (like laundry, ugh) or finish up a long day on Zoom. I’m personally an OG fan of Sarah Baska, so I can’t wait to listen!

This Is Good For You

Clara also recommends This Is Good For You, a new podcast exploring so-called ‘guilty’ pleasures that shouldn’t feel as such! Host Nichole Perkins explores things that people love– like needlepoint, terrible movies, and cowgirl exercise classes– and asks experts and devotees why these things make them happy. This feel-good podcast will remind you to indulge in those pleasures freely, and maybe even introduce you to some new ones to try!

Parcast

To send us off, Clara recommends a whole network of podcasts by Parcast on Spotify to try, particularly the Zodiac mini podcasts for each sign. Each podcast (“Libra Today”, “Virgo Today”, etc) has its own daily guide for love, compatibility, and both personal and professional growth. If your zodiac sign speaks to you, so will this podcast!

Happy listening!

Sabrina is a third-year student at Parsons School of Design studying Strategic Design and Management. She enjoys writing about beauty, lifestyle, and fashion, obviously. When she's not catching up with friends over a cappuccino, she's probably journaling or cutting up old magazines for her latest collage.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com