This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

The best investment you can make in life, is to invest in yourself. If you don’t invest in yourself, nobody will do it for you. In the long run, you are the most important person that your time and money can go into. So in honor of you, here are five ways you can invest in yourself to improve your life dramatically. 

1.  Invest in your education

Education is one of the many keys to success. Although, many feel as though you need a college degree to be successful, that isn’t necessairly true. School isn’t for everyone, but it’s still extremely important to have basic knowledge of how the world works to make the right decisions for yourself, and to be able to adapt in unfamiliar situations.

2. Invest in your career 

You’ll most likely want to have a career that makes you happy and allows you to live comfortably. After graduating college, it’s a good idea to invest as much time as possible in finding the right job for you. Looking for a full-time job can be difficult, but the key is to never give up.  

3.  Invest in your dreams

Everyone has a vision of what they want to be, or where they see themselves in the future. If you stay focused and come up with a plan, you may be able to live your dream. Start off by making a few short-term goals and learning from the mistakes you’ve made. You may have to make a few sacrifices to get there, but remember, nothing comes easy. As the old saying goes, “If it was easy, everyone would do it.” 

4. Invest your money

When you get paid, don’t spend it all at once! Pay your bills, and focus on the essentials. You should also open up a savings account, a retirement account, and if possible, a 401K. Unfortunately, loan debt and other financial obligations makes saving up a few bucks difficult. But, in the end, saving will defintely pay off.

5.  Invest in your health

If you’re not healthy, it’s difficult to get anything done. Taking care of your body is extremely important. A healthy lifestyle consists of a healthful diet, a good night’s sleep, staying hydrated, and exercising.

If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com