How to Escape the City Without Actually Leaving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

I’m going to be honest, sometimes this city can get to be a bit too much. Don’t get me wrong, I love New York – it’s home. But with the stress of finals creeping around the corner, a break is much needed. So, escape for a little while without actually leaving. Relax and have a seat at one of these picturesque parks. Open your eyes to the beautiful scenery.  

Central Park – North End

Central Park is always a nice escape without actually leaving Manhattan. Visit the north end of the park located at 110th Street, between 5th and 8th Avenue to get a view like this one.

North 5th Street Pier

Located on 1 North 5th street, between north 4th and north 5th street.

Four Freedoms Park

Visit Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial park on Roosevelt Island, which takes about 20 minutes to get to on the F train from campus.

Brooklyn Bridge Park

Enjoy the view of the Brooklyn Bridge and visit nearby cafés.

Long Island City Piers

Get a direct view of the Manhattan skyline and just take it all in.

Hello there, my name is Caroline Dilone, I was born and bred in NYC and am a graduate of The New School where I majored in Journalism + Design. I have a passion for storytelling, travel, art, and coffee shops. As a former Her Campus New School Writer, I am so excited to return as an After College Feature Writer.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com