This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

that I’ve been using Bumble Bizz, there are a lot of ways Bumble distinguished itself from other apps. First of all, the layout is very pleasing to look at and easy to use. Secondly, and what Bumble is most famous for : women message first! This applies to Bumble Date Bumble Bizz, and even Bumble BFF (unless two people of the same gender match, in which either can message first.) What I really like about this feature is that I make the first step, and I control the direction we go. I often find it’s easier to talk to someone if you start by asking about something in their bio. It leaves less room for ambiguity, and I know that if a guy responds with something off-topic, he’s probably not there for the right reasons.

Bumble Bios often include :

• Photos

• What you’re looking for ( I chose networking, but there are many options like Freelance and Internship)

• Experience and Education

• Location

While these are the basic building blocks, Bumble includes lots of Niche options like : 

• Account Verification 

• Current position

• Industry

• Profile prompts

• Voter Status

I’ve been surprised at how many artists use Bumble to make connections, I’ve matched with quite a few people that I already plan on working within different areas, one being a writing job and another being an actor I’d like to use in a film of mine. I also matched with a woman who had more experience than me, and she directed me to a place in Brooklyn that offers free/cheap media courses. I signed up for one immediately! Art is rarely made alone, so having a network of people you know for specifically work/artistic purposes is a really cool thing to have so early on in our careers. In a city as big as NY, there are so many cool things going on that you may never even hear about. 

Merlin Garcia

New School '21

Merlin Garcia was born in Austin, Texas and now attends Eugene Lang College. She studies film with a concentration in screenwriting. She hopes to someday work in television and publish a book of essays.