This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

With Thanksgiving (and the holidays!) around the corner, here are a variety of TV episodes to watch to get in the fall mood!

Gilmore Girls
Episode: Season 3, Episode 9, “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving”

Rory and Lorelai work to accommodate four Thanksgiving dinners. Lorelai finds out Rory applied to more colleges then just Harvard. Lane has her first kiss. Human Kirk and cat Kirk have a little adjusting to do. (Source: IMDb)

Gossip Girl
Episode: Season 1, Episode 9, “Blair Waldorf Must Pie!”

When Dan finds out that Serena and her family are celebrating Thanksgiving alone, he naively invites them to spend the holiday with his family. (Source: IMDb)

Seinfeld
Episode: Season 6, Episode 8, “The Mom & Pop Store”

George buys a convertible he thinks was once owned by Jon Voight. Kramer tries to save a small shoe-repair business. Elaine answers a radio quiz, enabling Mr. Pitt to participate in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Meanwhile, Jerry tries to solve the mystery of whether or not he’s invited to Tim Whatley’s annual Pre-Thanksgiving party. (Source: IMDb)

Friends
Episode: Season 5: Episode 8, “The One With All the Thanksgivings”

The gang remember and share with each other their worst Thanksgivings. (Source: IMDb)

How I Met Your Mother
Episode: Season 3, Episode 9, “Slapsgiving”

Marshall warns Barney that the third slap in their “slap bet” will be coming on Thanksgiving night. Meanwhile, Ted and Robin sleep together on the night before Thanksgiving. (Source: IMDb)

New Girl
Episode: Season 2, Episode 8, “Parents”

When Jess’s parents, Bob and Joan, show up at the same time for Thanksgiving dinner, Jess takes the opportunity to “parent trap” them into a reconciliation, but her ploy backfires. Meanwhile, Schmidt and his bigger ex-Marine cousin, Big Schmidt, engage in a “manliness” competition. (Source: IMDb)

Modern Family
Episode: Season 3, Episode 9, “Punkin Chunkin”

Phil is upset that Claire is stifling his creativity, Mitchell doesn’t believe Cameron’s “punkin chunkin” story, Gloria won’t let Jay tell Manny that his Thanksgiving centerpiece is horrible, and Hayley and Alex get in an accident. (Source: IMDb)

Grey’s Anatomy
Episode: Season 2, Episode 9, “Thanks for the Memories”

Thanksgiving sends the occupants of Meredith’s house in different directions: Meredith escapes to the hospital, George goes hunting with his family, and Izzie throws a dinner to which it appears no one is coming. (Source: IMDb)

Parks And Recreation
Episode: Season 3, Episode 7, “Harvest Festival”

On the day before the Harvest Festival, a local Native American leader places a “curse” on the event because Leslie refuses to give in to his demands. (Source: IMDb)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Episode: Season 1, Episode 10, “Thanksgiving”

Amy hosts a Thanksgiving dinner at her apartment for everyone at the precinct, but it soon turns into a disaster. (Source: IMDb)

Stella Santos

New School '26

Stella is currently a freshman at The New School, looking to either major or minor in Literary Studies and Journalism, or Culture & Media. When she isn't reading romance novels or drinking overpriced lattes, you can find her exploring the city with friends.