books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

8 Tips to Keep You Fierce & Fabulous During Midterms

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Ladies, it’s time to #treatyoself! It is easy during midterm week to fall victim to stress and procrastination. Instead of letting our responsibilities get the best of us, let’s get excited about the fun, fresh products that will help us slay all week long! From face masks to planners, Her Campus has your back. ALL of the goodies mentioned below are currently up for grabs in our Instagram giveaway, so be sure to check out how to enter by following our account, @hctns

Tip #1: Get Yourself a Freeman Beauty Face Mask

If you’re like me, ending your day with a face mask is the best way to bring a little TLC back into your life. With Freeman Beauty Face Masks, you can unwind with one of their fragrant fresh botanical scents, including Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask, Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser, and Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask.

Tip #2: Choose Your Go-To Denim & Accessories

During stressful times, it can be helpful to have go-to clothing that you know looks good and feels good. Aéropostle has a variety of denim selections that have enough stretch to keep you comfortable in the library while also being trendy enough to wear to class. Don’t forget to grab a pair of their super cute gold-hooped earrings or a choker to add a little more pizazz to your look!

Tip #3: Stock Up on Dry Shampoo

Woke up late because you were studying all night and now you have greasy hair and no time for a shower? Grab a bottle of Bed Head by Tigi Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo or Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo that will freshen your hair and keep you looking good throughout your day. It will absorb excess oils and save you a day of shampooing—which is actually a good habit to adopt since too much shampooing can dry out your hair. As these products absorb the oil that makes your hair look flat and greasy, they release new volume and texture to revive your look.

Tip #4: Stay Hydrated

To stay awake and concentrated, I often drink up to three cups of coffee a day during midterms. Yep, this is so unhealthy! Coffee often wakes you up but leads to a miserable crash after a couple hours, partially because it dehydrates your body. Instead, stock up on Spindrift Sparkling Water that is made with real fruit and no added sugar! They have a variety of flavors so you can find your favorite while you study! Flavors include: Lemon, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Orange Mango, Raspberry Lime, Strawberry, and Blackberry.

Tip #5: De-Stress with Hi-Chew Candy

Instead of gum, get yourself some Hi-Chew Candy. It is sweet with no added sugar! Its chewy texture will keep you munching on this sweet treat while you study, allowing you to de-stress and take pleasure in the natural fruit flavors!

Tip #6: Avoid Illness

There is nothing worse than being hit with a nasty cold or flu during times when your workload is substantially heightened. Sometimes even the smallest virus can knock you out cold for a week, putting you way behind. Protect yourself with the Steripod clip-on toothbrush protector that keeps airborne contaminants from reaching your toothbrush. This can be extremely helpful if you cohabit with multiple roommates, who might be sick themselves and coughing in the bathroom. And if your roomies want one too, do not fear—Steripod has a variety of color pods so that you and your friends can color-code your toothbrushes and stay healthy together.

Tip #7: Conjure Your Summer Glow

Remember all those good times you had this summer? Well, they don’t have to come to an end. ​L’Oréal Paris has unique products that allow you to create natural looking tans so that you can glow all year round. I highly recommend the Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist, which I used over the summer to give me a base tan before I went on vacation. It worked perfectly! The 360 degree micro mist nozzle ensures even self-tanning so it works seamlessly with your look. I always find that I feel and look better with a little extra glow. And don’t forget to try the L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius 72-hour moisturizer with aloe water! You will rehydrate your skin to give you that dewy-fresh look before you apply your makeup.

Tip #8: Plan Your Week with Erin Condren

Planning your week and tracking your workload doesn’t have to be lame. With the Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner you can mark each day with everything that is due and how far into your essay you should be. With a horizontal weekly plan you will be able to easily visualize your workload and be more ready to handle each task! The covers come with unique design themes that illuminate each page with vibrant decorations to keep you cheery and inspired for 18 months! The planner will keep you going from July 2017 to December 2018! 

Remember to follow us on Instagram and enter the giveaway to win ALL of the aforementioned products!

[Feature Image by Melanie McCarthy]

Amanda Miller

New School '18

Amanda Miller is an undergraduate at The New School studying Literature and writing. She is the proud editor for the Her Campus New School chapter. Among many of her passions is human rights and fighting against animal cruelty. She has published her work in several publications including the following:Reverberations Magazine, The New School Free Press & The New School Eleven and Half Literary Journal.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com