This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Parisiennes are known for their natural, flawless beauty and impeccable style. If you truly want the real “no makeup” look, then it is important to start with your skin. Clear, hydrated, healthy skin is the first step to attaining and emulating French beauty. During my year abroad in Paris, I had the opportunity to explore the pharmacies and Monoprix and try out all the “French Drug Store Musts” that I had googled before my year abroad. Over the year I found many favorites, and my goal in coming back to New York was to find similar items. Unfortunately, many of my beloved products are either too expensive or simply unavailable in th U.S. Over the past few months I’ve searched high and low, tried countless products, and these are the next best thing to the real French deal.

Bioderma and Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water

Micellar water is truly the new black. This simple product has become a staple of many skincare routines for both men and women. All you need is a little Bioderma on a cotton pad to take off all traces of makeup. The original Bioderma micellar water can be found in some stores in New York; however, I have found that the Garner SkinActive Micellar Water works just as well and is less expensive. When trying this product for the first time, wash your face as usual and then wipe your face down with a little of this product and I guarantee you’ll see remnants of makeup and dirt that your cleanser did not originally remove. Homeoplasmine and Vitacilina

Homeoplasmine is a godsend. Chapped lips, cuts, scars, dry skin, anything! This product will make any area of your body smooth, moisturized, and will heal cuts in half the time. Although products like Vaseline or Aquaphor are comparable, I found that Vitacilina has that extra healing and hydrating boost that nearly replicates the effects of the French Homeoplasmine.

Klorane Dry Shampoo and One Love Organics

Although not a skincare product, the Klorane Dry Shampoo can give you that messy “just rolled out of bed” look you’ll find walking down the streets of Paris. Washing your hair daily can be damaging, so Dry Shampoo is a must for maintaining voluminous, clean hair without stripping the natural oils. The One Love Organics Dry Shampoo is easily comparable. The Klorane products are a bit more natural, which is a plus, but the One Love dupe will give the same result. Embryolisse and Eucerin anti-wrinkle cream

If having sensitive, acne-prone skin describes you, then Embryolisse is an amazing product. This moisturizer is simple, lightweight, and gentle. The Eucerin anti-wrinkle cream works very similarly. Often on acne-prone skin, piling on anti-acne products can be very harsh and exacerbate the situation, so a clean and gentle moisturizer might be perfect for you.

Akileine Blister Balm and Body Glide Foot Anti Blister Balm

Parisiennes and New Yorkers both love to walk… everywhere. Unfortunately, new shoes lead to new blisters. Luckily the Body Glide Foot Anti Blister Balm is a saving grace product very similar to the Akileine one I used in France. Apply some of this balm, cover it with a band-aid, and the blister will be gone overnight! Avibon and A313 Pure Vitamin A

Avibon contains a lot of Vitamin A, which is incredibly important in cell turnover, sun protection, as well as aiding in fighting infections. A313 Pure Vitamin A can give the same benefits that Avibon can. Although Vitamin A is often only used for anti-aging, it can also help acne scars heal and correct discoloration and hyperpigmentation.

Phytopharma Apricoderm and L’Occitane Organic Shea Butter Balm

This lip product, though popular, can be a little bit hard to find in France. The L’Occitane butter balm, easy to find in New York, provides a similar effect of incredibly soft lips with a delicious smell and taste. It’s long wearing, so one purchase can last you a while!

If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com