Style > Beauty

6 Asian Skincare Products You’ve Been Sleeping On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

I’m one of those people who just don’t use American skin care as much as Kbeauty or other Asian products. Maybe I’m a little too obsessed with it, but there’s some really nice products I enjoy using, and today I’ll be sharing them with you. Of course there’s gonna be some OG classics, but a few lesser known ones too.

Laneige Sleeping Lip Mask

Ever felt the frustration of having really dry lips, even after applying chapstick religiously? Me too sis. I used to say “it be like that sometimes.” All of that changed when I started using the Laneige lip mask. After one night using this product, you will see massive improvements and after two, your lips will be perfect. No more awfully dried lips.

If you’d like to try this product, you can purchase it from Sephora. However, it is cheaper on Yesstyle and I think the container is a little larger too.

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

I know it’s winter, but you should always protect your skin from UV rays. This extremely lightweight sunscreen has become my “holy grail” sunscreen. American sunscreens tend to be sticky on your face, and don’t sit too well with your makeup. And let’s not start on those ugly white patches. This Biore sunscreen goes on almost like a lotion. It’s very watery, moisturizing, and pleasant on the skin. The only downside is the smell of this sunscreen, it has a slight chemical scent. But regardless, I think this is the best sunscreen I’ve ever tried. Get it on yesstyle here.

Lululun Face Masks

Lululun has tons of different face masks. I feel they are on par with other widely available brands such as Innisfree and The Face Shop, however, they are a more affordable brand. You can find them in a lot of Japanese markets and Asian cosmetic stores. A pack of masks usually costs around $5 and you’ll get high quality cotton sheet masks.

There are several lines of Lululun face masks. They have their original masks, which come in pouches with a week’s worth of sheet masks, and their plus masks, which are individually packaged in a box with five masks. The plus masks have ingredients that fit different skin types, from normal to dry to oily.

Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patches

If you’re the type to get a single pimple that ruins you day, I’d highly recommend trying the Cosrx Acne Patches. For those who aren’t familiar with acne patches, they’re semi-translucent, medicated, adhesive patches that you place on top of a pimple. It absorbs impurities from your skin without the need to “pop” anything. A lot of people wear it during the day, and also overnight. The reason I frequently use this product is because it helps hide the redness of the skin surrounding a pimple, while simultaneously protecting the sensitive area from becoming more irritated. Because of this, Cosrx Acne Patches are okay to use with makeup, and won’t ruin your look.

You can purchase a pack of these from Yesstyle for about $4. It usually lasts me 2-3 months because my breakouts aren’t too bad. If you have hormonal acne, I’d say one pack would last 1-3 months depending on your acne. And if you have cystic acne, I’d recommend looking into other Cosrx products meant for larger coverage.

Saborino Face Masks

I wouldn’t say Saborino face masks are the highest quality sheet masks out there. But I will say they have really good value if you’re the type who enjoys using face masks every day. I recently started using them and I feel like they contribute a lot to the overall hydration of my skin. Saborino has both morning and night sheet masks, and usually come in packs of 32 sheets.

My only critique of this product is that the actual masks are a little small. Sheet masks tend to be larger so they can fit any face size, but these masks are a bit smaller than standard Korean sheet masks. However, for me this is a plus because my head is tiny (lol). One pack will run you about $14-16 depending on where you buy them from. But if you want to try the one that I have, get it on Amazon here.

Cosrx Good Morning Low pH Gel Cleanser

My last recommendation is also from Cosrx. When I first moved to NYC, my skin went a drastic change because of my new environment. Because of that, I began washing my face when I woke up in the morning in addition to every evening. Cosrx’s morning gel cleanser has been a game changer to me. It’s mild, yet also cleans away all the dead skin cells on my face. I don’t know if it’s just me, but Kerrey Hall is particularly dry (almost like a hotel), and this face wash has probably saved me from seval patchy makeup nightmares.

This face cleanser will run you about $11-12 and you can get it on Yesstyle or Amazon.

Jade Welder

New School '23

Jade is a student at The New School pursuing a degree in media studies and a minor in food studies. This isn't really a secret: she's a boba connoisseur by day and closet weeb by night. And yes, boba ice cream is really worth the hype.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com