This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

So we’re here—back at school, back at the dorms, back to spending long nights sitting on uncomfortable half-rocking chairs. The first few weeks of the semester can be a drag. You’re expected to strike up conversations with strangers and make new friends. Professors are reading syllabi and throwing assignments at you left and right. Everything is happening all at once. How can you possibly cope with all this stress?

This is what I do to deal with the craziness of a new semester—I plug in my headphones and listen to some of my new finds. I recommend you do the same. It’s time to let loose and vibe to a few new songs by artists that you’ve probably listened to growing up. Here are the songs that have been getting me through my first couple of weeks of school:

1. “Speak of the Devil” by Logan Henderson

2. “Honest” by Drake Bell

3. “My My My!” by Troye Sivan

4. “Supernova” by Ansel Elgort

5. “Curious” by Hayley Kiyoko​

6. “HOLD ME TIGHT OR DON’T” by Fall Out Boy

7. “Capital Letters” by Hailee Steinfeld, BloodPop®

8. “EL BAÑO” by Enrique Iglesias

​  

9. “Get it Right” by Diplo, MØ

10. “Thinking About You” by Alex Aiono

[Feature Image by Unsplash]

Lily Yonglin Chen is currently pursuing both her bachelors and masters in psychology at The New School. When she is not analyzing your every move, she is busy running around New York City with a camera and a giant appetite. She is hungry for knowledge, experiences, and most importantly, food. She hopes to connect and comfort her readers through her writing and personal experiences. She is looking to attend law school after undergrad.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com