The bell jar

A heartbreaking, but relatable for anyone who has struggled with mental illness. Sylvia Plath does an excellent job of expressing her internal pain through her writing.

The UNABRIDGED journals of Sylvia Plath

This gives you more knowledge of how Plath was feeling during the time period that The Bell Jar is centered upon. Also, with it being Women’s History Month, this is a perfect read.

Normal people

Written by Sally Rooney, this is an absolute tear-jerker and quick read for those who want to read more but don’t have time to dedicate to large novels.

It ends with us

Colleen Hoover writes a romance novel like no other, we all know that male characters are better written by women. She makes the most flawed characters still super lovable.

My policeman

Who doesn’t enjoy romances based in the UK? Also, Harry Styles is going to be in the movie adaptation. Need I say more?

The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The title does not at all prepare you for the plot twist. I suggest you all read and find out who Evelyn Hugo was truly in love with.

VERITY

Yet another novel by Colleen Hoover. This one is not as romantic, however, it is spicy and creepy.

Stillhouse Lake (series)

Reading five books seems like a chore. Not with these, Rachel Caine makes the entire series so creepy that you stay on the edge of your seat the entire time.

Tyra Frye

NCSU '24

Studies English Literature @ NCSU. Personality analysis: Hufflepuff, INFP, Aries sun, Sagittarius moon, and Sagittarius rising.