The 2022 Coachella lineup is quite literally what dreams are made of.

The music festival in Indio, California will happen the weekend of April 15, 2022 and April 22, 2022. Headliners include Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, and Ye (otherwise known as Kanye West). Other notable performers include Phoebe Bridgers, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Lil Baby, 21 Savage, and many others.

Due to Covid-19, Coachella was canceled in both 2020 and 2021, making this year’s festival its big comeback.

2022 Coachella lineup via the festivals official twitter

When I saw the lineup I jumped and nearly started crying. Seeing Harry Styles in bold at the very top with Phoebe Bridgers in slightly smaller letters right below it made me so excited, leading me to ask myself “how can I manage to snag a ticket and find myself in California right before exams?” Additionally, seeing both Billie Eilish, and her brother FINNEAS, on the list was exciting as well. The sight of a ton of both my personal favorite artists and uber-talented performers on that list made me so excited to see the event (online unfortunately).

Both Ye and Billie Eilish have performed at Coachella before. Eilish in 2019, making her the youngest performer the festival has ever seen, and Ye in 2011. However, Harry Styles is a first time performer. A few days before the lineup was officially announced, media outlets were hinting that the singer was headlining the festival, leaving fans confused as a festival as big as Coachella is very out of character for Styles. With the news of Styles not only performing, but headlining, a music festival at this level could only mean one thing: new music. Styles last released music in December 2019, with his sophomore album “Fine Line.” He just finished a huge world tour, one of the biggest since Covid-19 started, and is due for new music. Right before Coachella is the perfect time for a new release!

The entire lineup has me incredibly excited to see what these artists have in store for Coachella, but I am especially excited to see what Harry Styles has up his sleeve!

Ava is a freshman at NC State University as a part of the Exploratory Studies program. She is very passionate about Taylor Swift and Harry Styles.