Leader of Terrorist Militant Group ISIS Found Dead

On October 27, 2019, President Trump announced that ISIS leader, Abu Bark al-Baghdadi is dead at the age of 48. President Trump stated that he died wearing a suicide jacket while holding two children. His identity was confirmed through DNA tests. According to CNN, Al-Baghdadi was the world’s most-wanted terrorist chieftain, with a $25 million bounty offered by the American government. A manhunt has been in place to search for him for over 5 years, and was found in Northern Syria. 

Since then, the Pentagon has released images of the capture. In the pictures it shows United States troops circling in on him. Al-Baghdadi was a part of the war in Syria that killed thousands of civilians, and his death was a win for the United States since it drained ISIS of their power. ISIS has taken control of Syria, and mass destruction continues to this day. Many buildings were destroyed and many Syrian refugees had fled for asylum. 

ISIS was responsible for many recent attacks around the world, including the christmas market in Germany, the truck attack in France on Bastille Day, and suicide bombings on churches during Easter.