kon karampelas 7Hv7183ZNFM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kon karampelas 7Hv7183ZNFM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Where is the Tinder Swindler now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Warning: Tinder Swindler spoilers

If you’ve seen the new British true-crime documentary on Netflix, The Tinder Swindler, you would be familiar with the name Simon Leviev: the supposed son of billionaire and CEO of LLD Diamonds. He seduces women with luxury hotels, private jets, and expensive food, then swindles hundreds of thousands of dollars from them and uses that money to seduce his next victim.  

After a VG article exposing Simon Leviev, whose real name is Shimon Hayut, he has taken on a far less public lifestyle. In 2019 he was arrested in Greece and extradited back to Israel. He then lived his life as a free man in Israel and even remained active on Instagram with over 100k followers. He made money through his website, offering business advice for $300. 

However, after the release of the Netflix documentary, Leviev deactivated his Instagram account and his business advice website. He was also banned from dating apps like Tinder and Hinge after filmmakers alleged that he scammed women for over $10 million. Leviev is faced with a multi-million dollar lawsuit by the Leviev family (LLD Diamonds), on counts of defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of trademarks, and impersonation. 

He is dating Israeli model Kate Kolin, but there are no updates regarding the status of their relationship since the documentary aired.

Hello! I am a second year student at Michigan State University majoring in International Relations with a minor in Spanish. I am apart of the residential college for public affairs: James Madison College. I am also a member of the Arab Cultural Society and am committed to racial and cultural inclusion and diversity.