jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Starbucks Holiday Drinks You Must Try This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

The holidays are right around the corner and I can always count on Starbucks to remind me of that. On November 7, the company launched its holiday drinks and gave away red reusable cups with the purchase of any grande holiday beverage. Holiday favorites like Chestnut Praline, Caramel Brulee, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Eggnog, and Peppermint Mocha are all back! The best part is you can have any of these flavors, in any beverage, any way you want. From a latte, iced latte, iced coffee, cold brew, hot chocolate, or Frappuccino. You name it, we got it. As a Starbucks barista, I’ve been able to try all of these flavors and drinks and want to share my favorite ones with you. The next time you’re at the mall holiday shopping and decide to take a much-needed coffee break, try one of these special holiday beverages!

Chestnut Praline Latte with White Mocha

Let me start by saying that Chestnut Praline is my favorite Starbucks flavor EVER. In my store we order as much of it as possible because we’re all obsessed and want to have as much as possible before they stop shipping it to us in January. Chestnut Praline tastes even better with our sweet White Chocolate Mocha syrup. A grande usually comes with four pumps of chestnut praline and four pumps of white chocolate mocha. I usually only get half the amount of pumps for each otherwise it’s too sweet for me. Make it with some coconut milk (or whatever milk you prefer) and top it off with some whipped cream and spiced chestnut topping for the full effect. I promise you’ll be hooked after this.

Irish Cream Cold Brew

The Pumpkin Spice Cream Cold Brew may be gone along with fall, but don’t you worry! Starbucks has come up with a holiday flavored cold brew for you all. On December 2, Starbucks will be launching its brand-new Irish Cream Cold brew. This cold brew beverage comes with pumps of Irish Cream syrup, vanilla sweet cream, and vanilla sweet cream cold foam.

Peppermint Mocha

This list wouldn’t be complete without the classic Peppermint Mocha. Let’s be real here, is it really holiday season if you haven’t had a Peppermint Mocha or any drink with peppermint for that matter? Topped with whipped cream, dark chocolate curls, and mocha drizzle, the Peppermint Mocha tastes like Christmas in a cup. And the best part is, although it’s a holiday drink, you can order it all year round at Starbucks!

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is technically a fall drink, but it’s so popular that Starbucks keeps it around during the holidays. And I’m so glad they do because who doesn’t love a good flavored hot chocolate during the holidays? This hot chocolate gets pumps of mocha, toffee nut syrup, and 1 pump of vanilla, and is topped off with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and salt topping. 

Caramel Brulee Frappuccino

If you like crème brûlée and caramel, then you need to try the Caramel Brulee Frappuccino! It’s a perfect marriage of the two and tastes like dessert in a cup. I always get mine topped off with extra whipped cream, and the caramel sugar topping. 

Salted Caramel Toasted White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino

If you think the Salted Caramel Mocha is good, then you’ll definitely love this frozen treat. This blended beverage gets Toffee Nut and instead of mocha syrup, pumps of Toasted White Chocolate Mocha. I usually get extra caramel drizzle inside of the cup and ask for the salt topping to also be blended inside of the drink. It then gets topped off with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and salt topping.

Meagan Morillo

Montclair '20

Meagan Morillo is a senior at Montclair State majoring in english with a double minor in film and journalism. When she isn't writing, you can find Meagan making spotify playlists or at a concert or music festival.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.