Performer, ‘Jet Girl’ and American Idol Alum: Jackie Nese

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Jackie Nese

Age: 20

Major: Musical Theatre

Year: Sophomore

HCM: What do you love the most about Montclair State University?

JN: I love that they have an amazing theatre and arts program so close to the city, and I love the people.

HCM: What are a few of your favorite hobbies?

JN: I love to sing, dance, act and perform! I love writing and creating music, working out, and I love spending time with family and friends.

HCM: What is a fun fact about yourself that people may not know about you?

JN: When I was a senior in high school, just seventeen years old, I was on American Idol Season 14! (Top 70). It was an incredible experience that has helped me grow as an artist. I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity!

HCM: Are you in any upcoming shows at Montclair State University?

JN: I am currently a part of the musical West Side Story! I am playing the role of Graziella, who is a Jet Girl. Opening night is Saturday, February 25th. There are so many talented, hardworking friends that I have in this show. Not only is this show going to be incredible, but it is going to be extremely special.

HCM: What are your aspirations for when you are older? Do you want to continue to perform?

JN: When I am older, I want to be a performer/entertainer. I would love to perform on Broadway, in movies, as well as go on tour with music that I have created as a recording artist!

HCM: What is it about performing that you love?

JN: I have always loved the arts. Watching a performance can help me escape from reality, forgetting all the stresses and worriIs i may have at the moment. That is something that I want to do for others. I want to entertain and make people smile!

HCM: Who are you role models?

JN: My parents.

HCM: Which artists do you love listening to/admire the most?

JN:  I love all kinds of music, but my favorite is anything Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Chance the Rapper, Christina Aguilera, Jessie J, Usher, Frankie Valli, Ella Fitzgerald, and plenty more!

Journalism Major at Montclair State University, Carrie Bradshaw wanna be ~ & proud supporter of messy buns and over sized sweaters.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.