I Shopped for Everyday Looks Based on NYFW SS19 and Here's What I Found

This season’s fashion week was filled with so many new trends! As much as I’d love to rock a Christian Siriano or Tory Burch gown, I know that the actual outfits I see on the runway are impractical and (very) unaffordable. Luckily, many stores such as Forever 21 and Zara offer the same trends in everyday clothes that even us broke college girls can afford! So, I put my shopping skills to the test and found some inexpensive trendy looks based on NYFW SS19. Here’s what I came across!

This look from Forever 21 contains not one but two of this season’s hottest trends: floral print and high waisted shorts. These carefree, tropical-inspired shorts are perfect for walking around campus, shopping with friends, or really anything casual and fun! And best of all, they’re only $17.90! (The matching crop top is $15.90).

This top from Zara contains another major trend: PLAID! It has that boyish-chic touch that Calvin Klein and many other top labels featured in their looks this season. It also features subtle pops of orange and yellow within the otherwise black and white color scheme, which was also a recurring trend this season. And you can buy for less than $100… it’s $69.90!

This next top is perfect for a party, night at the club, or pretty much any outing you can think of! Whether you love it or hate it, animal print is everywhere this season. For only $17.99 at Charlotte Russe, you really can’t go wrong with this one.

These trends are two of my favorites: red and booties. Feeling inspired from Alice and Olivia’s neon red booties, I was delighted to find these at Forever 21. They’re only $34.90… if that’s not a bargain, I don’t know what is!

Last but not least, one trend I saw from nearly every show was a long blazer. This sleek black one is only $39.97 at Nordstrom Rack and is extremely versatile. You can wear it with slacks to a job interview, a pencil skirt and blouse for a presentation, sneakers and a crop top to hang with friends, or a cute mini-dress for a date. The possibilities are endless!

New York fashion week is always a great time for fashionistas to start their spring shopping.  Remember, you don’t have to buy every trend you see and personal style is always most important! You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to feel as trendy as a model.