5 Lessons We Could All Learn From “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Everyone tends to look forward to this time of year for two reasons: the endless amount of food we will soon consume and “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.” Thanksgiving would not be the same if we couldn’t enjoy the story of the classic Peanuts gang’s Thanksgiving feast. Not only is this special enjoyable to watch, it also teaches us some of the truths of Thanksgiving. Let’s take a look at 5 lessons we could all learn from “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving!”

Inviting Yourself Over Is Never Okay

Peppermint Patty has never been my favorite character, but when she invites herself over for Thanksgiving dinner at Charlie Brown’s house, it only worked to heighten my distaste for her. When did inviting yourself over to Thanksgiving ever become a thing?! I understand that she didn’t want to be alone on Thanksgiving, but showing up unannounced is never okay, especially on a major holiday!

Bringing Uninvited Friends is A No No

To make matters even worse, Peppermint Patty just casually invites Marcie and Franklin to the Thanksgiving dinner she was never invited to in the first place! Nothing grinds my gears more than people showing up to Thanksgiving with unexpected guests.  

Never Insult The Cook

There are some people who just aren’t gifted cooks (*coughs* me) but that doesn’t mean you should criticize their efforts, especially on Thanksgiving. If you don’t like the food, just try to keep your insults to yourself . . . at least until you leave.

Bring Something To Dinner

It’s polite to bring at least one thing to Thanksgiving dinner even if you weren’t asked to do so. Three people invited themselves over to Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving dinner and none of them brought a thing. They could have easily gone to the store and picked up anything, even some napkins, to show some kind of effort.

Make The Most Out Of Thanksgiving

Even though Charlie Brown had no choice but to throw a whole dinner together, he was still able to have a successful Thanksgiving. All of the kids were able to spend their time together while enjoying ice cream sundaes, buttered toast, jelly beans, pretzels, and popcorn. Things might not go entirely smoothly, but appreciating the efforts people are putting forth and ultimately enjoying Thanksgiving as a family, whether that be made up of friends or blood relatives, is all that really matters.   

Source: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hello everyone! My name is BreYana Williams and I currently attend Montclair State University pursuing a to receive a degree in fashion studies with a minor in journalism. I have always had a love for fashion and pop culture ever since I was little and being able to write for HerCampus is literally a dream come true. I have always had a knack for expressing myself through my clothes and writing down my feelings and now I am able to share my own personal input on fashion related topics. I am really excited to share myself with each one of you.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.