absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Which Diet Is the One For You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

There is no right way to diet, it’s selecting the right fit for *you*.

With stepping into the first week of October, the holiday season is right around the corner. As we all know, it is not uncommon to gain weight during this time. So why not take a leap of faith and prepare ourselves by discovering the right diet plan for you. Below is a compiled list of some of the top overall diet plans (according to US News Rankings) featuring their pros and cons to better select the one that will fit best for your lifestyle.

Weight Watchers Diet has been rated the number one best weight-loss diet on US News Rankings and here’s why: There’s no counting calories! Weight Watchers has come up with a point system which assigns a number value to any and all food aligning with the nutritional value. Not to mention you are allowed to eat what you want! No food is off limits. This diet plan is catered to the individual giving the flexibility to shape your own diet. However, if you define yourself as a sugar addict this may not be the right choice for you. Other cons also include tedious point tallying and it tends to be on the pricier side.

Volumetrics Diet is one that will not only help you drop the lbs but is also extremely healthy for your body. The theory behind this fad is such that on a daily basis everyone consumes the same amount in terms of volume regardless of the calorie intake. This diet focuses on low density foods which are low in calories but high-volume, help you feel full and satisfied while losing weight. While this diet does require lengthy meal planning… Once again there are no limitations on what you can or cannot eat.

Biggest Loser Diet is one that we all know, but do we love? Made popular by the ever so famous television series, this diet claims that if followed it can also help prevent or reverse diabetes, cut the risk for cancer, improve your heart health, and boost your immune system. This diet incorporates a key factor to long term weight-loss which these other plans seem to be missing. Which is: using a food journal. Logging your food on a daily basis may sound intimidating but is vital to long term success.