On October 27, something magical happened. Taylor Swift released her new CD, “1989.”
Not only is the new CD totally amazing, but as my TimeHop app reminded me, she actually released her last CD two years ago on that date as well! All of the Taylor mania has got me think about all of the reasons why I’m constantly saying “Taylor Swift totally gets me….” or “I swear, she wrote this song about my life…” It might sound lame, or totally cliche to some people, but here are a few reasons why Taylor Swift ‘totally gets me’. Maybe you can relate!
1. She was 15 years old–around the same time I was–and I totally thought this lyric was about my love life….
2. We all have that time in our lives that we “should’ve said no, and her performance of that song was amazing…
3. The “Ours” music video really hit home. You just need to watch it, and yes, it’s a tear jerker. You’ve been warned.
4. When she says brilliantly simple and relatable things like these….
“I suffer from girlnextdooritis where the guy is friends with you and that’s it.”
“It’s FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can’t breathe without them. I think it’s FEARLESS to fall for your best friend, even though he’s in love with someone else. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say ‘you’re NOT sorry’, and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS.”
“Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.”
5. When you turned 22 and no idea what to do with yourself or your life… she turned 22 with you and let you know that being 22 isn’t the end of the world. “We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time…”
6. When you broke up with that person that was no good for you, and they kept trying to get you back, Taylor Swift reminded you that “we are never, ever, getting back together”…. and I mean, EVER.
7. She makes it okay to be obsessed with cats!
8. “1989″--the entire album is filled with amazing lyrics and relatable themes. She nailed it.
So there you have it folks! Just a few of the many reasons that Taylor Swift totally understands us, and is a total rockstar.