5 Easy Nail-Art Ideas For A Busy College Student

Let’s be real, no one has time for the crazy-insane nail art that litters your Pinterest feeds. Although they may be the perfect conversation starter in class, it will take a good chunk of your homework/social/sleeping time away from you! Not to mention for those lazy girls out there, it will just take way too much effort to even try to make your nails look presentable. We want to avoid Pinterest fails here. In order to avoid that, here are some simple ideas that look chic and won’t take much time at all to do!

It’s a One-Sided Sort of Thing

Paint nails like normal. Take a black Sharpie and color a stripe down one side of the nail. Finish with a clear top coat, or else the Sharpie will rub off!

Outlined

Paint nails like normal. Using a black Sharpie, carefully outline the rims of each nail. Finish with a top coat.

Landing Strip

Start by painting nails black. When nails are dry, take a piece of nail tape and place it down the middle of your nail. Paint the rest of your nail with another color. You may need to do two coats of color to get it to pop against the black!

Watercolor

This is the nail style that intentionally looks messy. Bad-nail painters, this is your style! Paint a white base. With colors of your choosing, swipe a very thin layer of color on one spot of your nail. When the color is dry—which shouldn’t take long because it is thin—swipe another color on. Continue until the nail looks like the picture shown above.

Domino

Paint a light colored base on your nail. Then, take a black Sharpie and color three dots on one side of your nail. Done!