"You're going to get sick of me"

“If conversation was the lyrics, laughter was the music, making time spent together a melody that could be replayed over and over without getting stale.”

“You’re going to get sick of me.” Oh man, the amount of times I have heard these words come out of her mouth. “Not gonna happen,” I respond each and every time. Now, I know she can be a little dramatic, and I understand her fears are there. Relationships are scary, especially new ones. They feel amazing in the beginning, but who knows what can happen down the road. I understand her worries, but there is so much about her, how could I ever grow sick of her? I learn something new everyday and she is far from a bore.

Her voice has become the first voice I want to hear when I open my eyes and the last one I want to hear when I close them. Being by her side has become my favorite place to be, especially when we’re doing nothing more than watching Netflix. Her laugh makes me stop and stare and I can’t help but smile at her. Her name on my phone is my favorite notification. Getting sick of her is far from anything I am ever going to do. What I am going to do though is, continue to get to know her.  Everything about her. She is a girl of many layers and I have only made my way through some of them. I have so much to learn and she has so much growing left to do.

I want to be there for it all, not just by her side, but helping her as well. I want to help her grow into the person she is yet to be. The person who helps pick up the pieces when they are scattered around. The person who pries through the door when she slams it shut on the world. I want to be the person who never lets her down, but instead always helps her up. She deserves to see herself as others see her and my goal is to show her it all in time. I’m not ever going to get sick of the sound of her voice, or the echoing of her laughter, or the touch of her skin, or the racing of her heart, or the look in her eyes, or the tight grasp of her hugs.