She Is Beautiful.

“She was beautiful, but not like those girls in magazines. She was beautiful, for the way she thought. She was beautiful, for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. She was beautiful, for her ability to make other people smile, even if she was sad. No, she wasn’t beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful deep down to her soul. She is beautiful.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

Have you ever looked at a person and saw nothing but beauty radiating from within them? From the moment I looked at her, I knew there was something special deep within. Even though I didn’t really know her, I knew I wanted to. There was something incredibly mysterious about her. Something inside of me sparked the first time I saw a smile blossom onto her face. It was as if, in that moment, everything was screaming at me to talk to her. It took some serious consideration. Every time I decided I wasn’t going to, I remembered that something screaming at me to talk to her. So, I did. I was scared—I mean how do you start talking to someone who literally through you into awe with one look at them smiling?

I did message her first, but to be honest, I wasn’t getting anywhere with her. One day, however, I started talking with her friends about how beautiful she was, and I asked them to help me out (which they really did). Later that same night, we hung out for the first time, alone. Not only was it was nerve wracking, but she also made me get out of bed for it. However, I quickly realized there wasn’t anywhere else I would have rather been (not even my bed). She was a little buzzed that night, so she was an open book. It was early on, but I didn’t mind. I was getting to know her. That night confirmed there was something incredible about her, and in time I would find exactly what that something was.

In time I was able to figure out some of her many incredible qualities. She was beautiful not only on the outside, but also on the inside. I still have so much to learn about her and the millions of little things that make her special, but I’m excited to do so. I’m excited to see what the future has in store for us.