This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

The leaves are disappearing, temperatures are dropping, and winter is fast approaching. It’s an exciting time of year with Christmas around the corner and an excuse to start wearing cute winter clothes. Winter trends are popping up here and there around campus and it’s time to jump on the bandwagon.

Here are some ideas to get you started on your winter wardrobe:

Knitted Headband

This adorable but simple accessory is a perfect way to keep your ears warm while adding a cute touch to your winter look – without messing up your hair.

Circle scarf

The circle scarf is an essential article for Montreal weather. This brilliant creation is designed to keep every part of your neck warm and unlike a regular scarf, you won’t have to rearrange it every two seconds when it slips. What’s more, it’s cozy and looks good with every winter outfit.

Oversized sweaters

Every girl has to own an oversized sweater. Winter would not be the same without one. They give a laid-back, yet cool vibe that says you understand how to combine comfy and attractive. Pair them with a slender-fitting pair of pants and your winter outfit starts to look complete.

Thick socks

A pair of thick socks will ensure that your day goes well. What could be worse than having cold and wet feet when trudging through the snow? Be kind to yourself and keep your feet pleased with one of the world’s best inventions.

Sturdy but fashionable winter boots

Your don’t have to have Sorels by any means (though they are adorable), but it is important to have good winter boots to accompany your warm socks. Remember, if your feet are warm and dry, you will stay happy throughout the cold and wet winter days

Over-the-bum jacket

The winter jacket is the most important part of your winter outfit, so choose wisely. Canada Goose is a nice option but not the only one. What’s key is a jacket that keeps your core warm, but you also want your bum covered. A coat that only reaches your waist won’t do you any good if you need to sit down on a wet bench.

Gloves (that are text-savvy)

We all know that in our day and age, texting and cell phones are just a natural part of our lives. What better way to round out your winter outfit than gloves that allow you to text? Imagine: a world where you don’t have to take off your gloves every time you send a message! It’s genius, I know. I highly suggest investing in a pair of these.

And voila! Your winter outfit is on its way to success.

Photo sources: