This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Don’t let the raw part put you off. This is a recipe you will want to try. Believe it or not it’s a healthy brownie! This delicious raw treat is made from amazing wholesome ingredients and will leave you feeling amazing, because it tastes just like a chocolate brownie!

Follow this easy recipe below to create a great study treat, pre-workout energy bar, or a great snack to have with you during the day.

Ingredients:

• 2 cups whole walnuts
  • 2 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
  • 1 cup raw cacao
  • 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • Chia seeds (optional) 
  • Hemp hearts (optional)

Directions:

1.Place walnuts in food processor and blend on high until nuts are finely ground. 

2. Add the cacao and salt; pulse to combine. 

3. Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running. You should end up with a mix that appears rather like cake crumbs but that when pressed will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates).

4. In a large bowl (or the pan you plan on putting the brownies in) combine the walnut- cacao mix with the chopped almonds. Press into a lined cake pan or mold. Place in freezer until ready to serve (also makes it easier to chop when they are very cold). Store in an airtight container. 

Enjoy!

Images are the author’s own.