Campus Cutie Eshaa Gajrawala

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

Year: 2017

Hometown: San Jose, CA

Major: Biology

Favorite Food: Four-Cheese Ravioli

Favorite Sport: Badminton

Favorite Shows:  Castle, Cake Boss, and Criminal Minds

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

EG: I am Vice President of the Hiking Club, member of Habitat for Humanity Club and Psychology Club, and research assistant in Dr. Craig’s Cognitive Psychology Laboratory.

HC:What are your hobbies?

EG: Biking, Hiking, Painting

HC: What is your favorite childhood memory?  

EG: I loved childhood. With the exception of not being able to eat sweets whenever I wanted (an indulgence I succumb to as an adult), it was fun. My most fond memories were those long trails my family and I used to bike on during the long summer days when the evenings were still nice and warm.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

EG: My biggest pet peeve is the sound of knuckles being cracked. I don’t know why, but it’s like nails on a chalkboard for me.

HC: What is your favorite quote?

EG: I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey

HC:What’s your favorite Mary Baldwin memory?

EG: My favorite Mary Baldwin memory would have to be Family Weekend. As my parents aren’t able to visit me often because they are from California, this tradition presented an excellent opportunity to provide my parents a glimpse of my life at Mary Baldwin College. I could proudly show off how much I’ve learned, expanded my horizons, and sharpened my talents during the weekend events. I was able to show them how exciting it was to be part of Mary Baldwin College. While they did embarrass me in front of my friends quite a few times that weekend, it was nice to spend time with them and share my experiences as a Mary Baldwin College student.

Kalli-Anne Hymons is a devoted student in Mary Baldwin College's Early College Academy. She is an English major with a minor in Creative Writing. When she isn't getting lost in a new book or catching up on her favorite shows on Netflix, you can find her studying or working hard in class. Kalli-Anne was born and raised in Chesapeake, Virginia, and enjoys reading and playing field hockey.