3 Tips To Guide You Through the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

We all know how difficult it is to push through the last weeks of class and then finals week. We wouldn’t want you to go through it alone, so we came up with a few tips to help you end spring semester on a good note.

1. Stay Focused

It’s extremely important to stay focused and end the semester in a positive way. Even though it may be hard work, remind yourself that you are almost there; the last two weeks will be over before you know it. Dreaming and fantasizing about the warm weather and how you will enjoy yourself can be fun and exciting; however, if you spend all of your time worrying about the summer, you won’t be able to get through the semseter! Stay off of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Netflix for just a little bit more. Then, you’ll be able to post those #tbt pics of the warm weather and finish only paying attention to how pretty the beach is while you watch Bloodline. 

2. Start final assignments and projects early 

It’s important to get an adequate amount of sleep in the upcoming weeks in order to begin preparation for exam week. Getting organized and beginning assignments now will allow you spread out the workload and get a good night’s sleep. Don’t wait until Hell Week to do final assignments, start them now, so you’ll have time to study as well.

3. Eat clean

Eating healthy ( fresh fruits and vegetables, and refraining from eating excess amounts of fried foods) will give you more strength to make it through these final two weeks. May sure to drink plenty of water to stay energized and avoid dehydration, as well! Treating your body correctly will help you reduce stress during these hectic times. Also, it’s best to avoid the midnight sugary snacks that help you through all nighters. The sugar rush will only make your crash worse! Put down the candy bar, and go to bed. You’ll feel more refreshed in the morning, and your brain will be much more prepared to work on that paper. We promise it’s not as bad as Kevin from The Office makes it look. 

I am a freshman at Mary Baldwin College, who is majoring in Psychology with an Emphasis in Personnel Work. I have a passion for volunteer work; especially working with homeless individuals.