Student Activities: The Best Decision I Made While at Marywood

As my last semester at Marywood draws to a close, I have been reflecting a lot recently on the decisions I've made throughout my time here. Far and between, the best experience I have had was with our Student Activities department. Marywood's Student Activities Department creates and coordinates a variety of unique events on campus each semester in addition to Marywood's annual Homecoming Dance, Spring Fling, Flapjack Fests, Christmas Bus Trip and Holiday Dinner. Each year the department hires a numer of Student Planners to work in the department to create events. This year, I was fortunate enough to be one of the student planners and it was without a doubt, the best decision I've made throughout my college experience.

Not only was I able to host events and gain valuable experience, I was able to have fun with my friends. I have learned more about budgeting, managing people and time management. As the application deadline approaches to be a part of the 2017-2018 Student Activities team, I encourage any student looking to gain new experiences and create lasting memories to consider applying to be part of SAC. I promise you won't regret it and you will learn a lot about yourself in the process!

About the Author