Michaela Heckman '17

Name: Mickey Heckman

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Major: Art therapy/Psychology

Hometown: Orange County, Virginia

Relationship Status: Single as a Pringle (Hey boys)

What are some of your hobbies/activities?

There are two possible options in this scenario:

• Option 1: Lifting, drinking abundant and excessive amounts of coffee, and any art project imaginable.
  • Option 2: Planning my world domination, making babies cry and casting love spells on unsuspecting strangers.

3 words to describe yourself: Loud, adventurous, and spontaneous.

What is your favorite thing to do at Marymount?

Okay, as far as the campus itself goes, my favorite thing to do is go to the gym or people-watch in Bernie’s (we all do it, don’t deny it and try to judge me!!!). But as far as the D.C. area, I LOVE exploring and finding new places to get coffee or organic food, or shop… Georgetown all day every day. And I love visiting the monuments at night.

What qualities would you say stand out the most in a significant other?

Real life answer would be eyes (as far as appearance goes... unless you have a man bun, then you KNOW I’m lookin’ at you 24/7), being willing to pick up and leave for a spontaneous adventure at any time day or night, being able to make me laugh, as well as showing me respect and being a gentleman. If you can handle a TON of sarcasm and will touch my butt all the time, then we’re probably soul mates.

What is your favorite or most embarrassing college memory so far?

Most embarrassing would PROOOOBABLY be one of the first weeks of freshman year. I was hanging out with some of the other girls in my hallway and, somehow, we got into a worm contest… now, I’m pretty darn good at the worm, so I didn’t shy away from the challenge, not even when I was only wearing underwear and an oversized t-shirt… well, long story short, my shirt flew up and I got rug burn on my nipples. Is that appropriate for this? Oh well. I could’ve told you about the time the priest saw me naked, so consider yourself lucky.

What is the biggest obstacle you've had to overcome?  

Overcoming feelings of self-worthlessness and really having to figure out who the hell I was- I moved to Ireland and got to completely start over, which meant I had to really find out who I was and what kind of person I was. I had been pushed down and forced to be one way, so when I got away and was totally on my own. I got to really heal and begin again. I began a journey toward self-love and acceptance, and overcame an eating disorder and anxiety all at one time, and that was pretty awesome if you ask me… which you did..

What’s your spirit animal and why?

Can it be a who rather than a what? Because Jennifer Lawrence is literally me and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I am sort of addicted to traveling, and exploring new places- I lived in Ireland and haven’t been able to quench my thirst for adventure yet. So, my first reaction is to say Narnia, but I understand why that might not be an acceptable answer, so I’m going to say Fiji. Because… Fiji. Or Switzerland… maybe New Zealand… is there an “EVERYWHERE” option on this thing?!

Who is your MCE (Man Crush Everyday) or WCE?

What a loaded question. Seriously. Umm… I’m going to have to say Robert Plant or Channing Tatum, and Fernanda D’avila- Laaaawd have mercy!

Hot or Not?

Ugly Christmas sweaters? Burning hot, grab the fire extinguisher.

Kendall Jenner? I’m glaring at you through the computer, and pretending you didn’t just ask me this.

Christmas music played year round? Hot as Hades! I started playing it in July!

Eggnog? Depends on… you know…what’s in it… ;)

This or That?

Mocha or Caramel Latte? Caramel, just like I like my men.

Instagram or Twitter? Twitter- its literally like being inside everyone’s head and reading their thoughts and I just really enjoy sassy and embarrassing tweets more than you know.

Painting or drawing? Painting- I like to get messy and wear my art. There’s also more room for mistakes, and I think “mistakes” are what makes art so wonderful and unique

If you could do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

I would really like to be an art therapist working with veterans with PTSD, living near the beach somewhere with a cute little house and a few horses and Ryan Reynolds making me coffee every morning- I really don’t think I need to explain myself here.

It’s a Saturday night, where can you be found?

Either back home, somewhere in Downtown Fredericksburg with my mom, out somewhere in DC carrying my heels in my hands, or watching Netflix and cuddling up with all my girlfriends.

If you could ask Santa for anything what would it be?

Jamie Campbell Bower, but last year there was this whole issue with the chloroform and a restraining order ensued, so I know better than to ask for that… so a pony?

What is your favorite movie?

I refuse to answer this, so I will narrow it down to top 4 instead: The Little Mermaid (duh), The Family Stone, Fried Green Tomatoes and It’s a Wonderful Life. Or basically anything on Hallmark during Christmas or Valentine’s Day.

What’s your ideal date?

Honestly, anything BUT dinner and a movie- I get WAAAAY into my food to have some guy try talking to me while I’m chowin' down. No thank you. Take me on a hike, or to the aquarium, or ice skating, or dancing, or stargazing….

What is a surprising fact about you?

I ate my twin in the womb. No no, I can sing with my mouth shut though!

If you had an unlimited amount of money, what would you do with it?

Travel, charity and research.

What are your favorite qualities about others?

Honesty, loyalty, compassion, courage, selflessness. I respect when someone is willing to drop what they are doing to go help their friend, or they answer a phone call from their mother when we’re out somewhere, or they’re willing to throw a punch for you.

What is your favorite quote/motto?

TOWANDA! This will mean nothing to almost anyone who reads it, but it is what my mother says to me all the time whenever I need to buck up and show my inner strength. It’s sort of like our battle cry almost, so if you hear me shout TOWANDA, you better run or give me a high five.

[Image Credits: Michaela Heckman, Facebook & Instagram]