Zhubin Aghamolla ‘15

Zhubin Aghamolla

Year: Senior

Major: Economics

Hometown: Bethesda, Maryland

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Campus Involvement: SEE marketing director and intramural leagues.

What does the job of a marketing director entail?

As a marketing director, it’s my job to promote every event that we have [on campus] and it’s my job to reach out to the campus and tell them about the events. I formulate all social media, market tables at every event, handle all giveaways, and distribute the flyers and handbills we get.

What influence does SEE events have off-campus?

Luckily as marketing director, since it’s such a broad topic…I’m able to cross market businesses on Route 1 and put posters up or possibly make certain deals and as far as venues in D.C., keep up with them and cross market their events.

Do you consider yourself a boss?

I don’t consider myself a boss at all. The reason why I love marketing team so much is because it’s a team. You can’t have someone just be like ‘I’m the boss.’ We’re all college students. What separates me from you? Nothing…I just know what we need to do and what needs to get done and I like to distribute the power.

What’s your leadership style?

I know my personality is really goofy. What’s the point of enjoying life if you’re not going to have fun? But most of the time I’m always professional.

What SEE events can students expect in the future?

There’s the Kevin Hart Comedy Show November 1 at Cole Field House. It’s sold out but up until then, I’m just going to keep hyping it up. We got Kevin Hart!

What career path do you intend to take?

I don’t know but I’ve had a lot of marketing internships with talent agencies and the entertainment industry. I currently work for the Washington Capitals. For me, you can only market something you love because it’s essentially sales. That’s what business is: buying and selling. And if I’m trying to sell something to someone, I better love it, too.

What do you do in your spare time?

Homework or go to work. [SEE] takes up most of my time. I consider it almost like a part-time job. It can definitely be a full-time job.

What are your favorite artists?

The Foo Fighters. And I love Wiz Khalifa.

Single and ready to mingle?

Ready to mingle.

What do you look for in a girl?

A girl who’s pretty smart. Brainy. Pretty smile. And spontaneous, just like me.