This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

While many may think that summer is the most relaxing season, I have just one question to ask you: can you really enjoy a cup of hot cider under a fuzzy blanket with a good book in the heat? The answer is a big no. That’s right, it is finally pumpkin-picking, leaf-catching, and tea-drinking season again. This means it is the perfect season to get back on that reading grind. Time to put away your beach romances and pick up some Stephen King for the spooky season.

There are a plethora of reasons why the fall is the absolute best season for reading. First is the unique variety of snacks. Every good book needs an equally delicious snack to go along with it. There are a variety of chai tea lattes, pumpkin spice coffees, pumpkin pies, and (you can’t forget them!) apple cider donuts. These are all things that are impossible to enjoy in the excruciating summer heat. The fall as a whole is the most enjoyable time to read. The crisp autumn afternoons are the best time of day to sit outside and flip through a chilling novel. Pair that with a knit, oversized sweater and fuzzy socks and you’ve got yourself a perfect day.

Source: Anastasiya Lobanovskaya

Lastly, one of the best things about this wonderful season is the fall releases. Halloween is right around the corner and novelists are cranking out books at a rapid speed. There is The Real Lolita by Sarah Weinman that discusses the horrific case of an of an 11 year-old abductee or a riveting thriller about a young boy who disappears and resurfaces 10 years later in the book Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia. If you are in for a more heartwarming read, try Autumn at Apple Hill by Angie Ellington which tells the tale of a woman who operates a bed and breakfast in Maine after being newly divorced with the hopes of reliving her fondest childhood memories. At the end of the day, you cannot go wrong with any new fall release.

Now it is finally time for you to brew a cup of tea, grab a thrilling novel and wrap yourself in the comforts of a fuzzy blanket before the witching hours begin.

Hi! I am Nicole and I am a Journalism major at Marist College! I'm a lover of reading, writing, fashion, and tea drinking. Enjoy my articles!