Four Movies Set to Appear in Ariana Grande’s “thank u, next” Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

If you haven’t heard Ariana Grande’s new hit “thank u, next,” it’s time to start listening! Lucky for us, this great song will also have an equally fantastic music video to go with it, and this is definitely something everyone should be looking forward to. Ariana Grande took it to social media to tease the four iconic movies that will be making a cameo in the music video for “thank u, next.”

1. Mean Girls

Not including this gem of a movie would be a crime, and Ariana seems to think so, too! This has been the movie she has probably teased the most, and her fans seem equally excited. How could they not be? With Ariana as Regina, Liz Gillies as Cady, Ariana’s two lifelong friends Alexa Luria and Courtney Chipolone as Karen and Gretchen, and the actual Jonathan Bennett playing Aaron Samuels once again, this is guaranteed to be incredible.

2. Legally Blonde

Yet another exceptional movie with a strong female lead, this is definitely another well chosen film to include in the music video. Yet again, Ariana takes it a step further by not only including the original actress Jennifer Coolidge who played Paulette, but also including her own dog, Toulouse, in the video as Bruiser!

3. Thirteen Going on Thirty

Ariana hasn’t said too much about what factors of the movie that she’ll be including in her music video, but she has teased the iconic dollhouse prop, and that’s enough to get any Thirteen Going on Thirty fan excited!

4. Bring it On

Throwing it all the way back to 2000, Ariana made the thoughtful decision to bring back the original Bring it On movie to the “thank u, next” music video, which she revealed on Instagram wearing a modern version of Torrance Shipman’s cheerleading costume!

Hey! I'm Jessica. I'm from Connecticut and I'm currently majoring in communications at Marist College! In my free time I really like listening to music no matter what I'm doing, and being with my friends.
Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.