A Shout-out to the People I Love

Carol Burnett once said “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” This is true, but changing your life cannot be accomplished with just you-- you need the help of others to push you through when you feel defeated, and to hype you up when you succeed. This is exactly what the people in my life have done for me .

Family has always been one of the most important aspects of my life. We are an extremely tight-knight family. So, when you date me, you date my family too (just kidding!). I would not change a thing about my childhood, and how my family was always there to support me. My family is a little larger than usual. We have Mom, Dad, my little sister Teddi, Aunt Chris and Uncle Keith. Yes- at freshman move in day we may have gotten some weird looks, but who cares? They are the people that mean the most to me, and I love them more than anything.

These are the people that have been with me since the very beginning. They comfort me when I fail, and they are there to cheer me on when I succeed. They understand that I have made, and will keep making mistakes. They are the people who molded me into the person I am today-- teaching me that family, grit, love, and success are extremely important aspects of life.

Along with my real family is my Manhattan College family. These are the beSDT sisters, my hilarious roommate, my friends, and my amazing boyfriend. All of these people play a special role in my life, and Manhattan College wouldn’t be the same without them. They made coming to a new place so much easier, and feel as if I was here from the very beginning.

Without all of these supportive people in my life, I would not be here writing this article. Many of you may not know, but Manhattan wasn’t my first college. I started off as a freshman at Muhlenberg College, playing on the field hockey team. It was a rocky year involving drama, injuries, a concussion, and overall, just negative energy. Transferring to Manhattan College was hands-down the best decision I have ever made. Of course, I was anxious about stepping into a new experience all alone, but that soon ended after joining Sigma Delta Tau. This sorority is a home to some of the most amazing, intelligent, kind-hearted women I have ever met, and I am so thankful to call them my sisters.

These women are the ones who encouraged me the most to relaunch Her Campus. Without their love, support and dedication to getting this chapter up and running again, I would not be here writing this article. So, to the beSDT sisters, thank you for helping me reach this goal. You all have helped me reach the highest point I have ever hit, and I am forever grateful for all of you.

And to the boyfriend: thank you for dealing with my moods, when I’m hangry, and when I just need to be loved. You are truly one of the most amazing people I have ever met, and I love you very much <3