Gabe Perez ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Name: Juan Gabriel Perez aka Gabe

Year: Junior

Major: Advertising, Public Relations and Marketing

Hometown: born in Albany, Georgia, but moved a lot, so he considers the United States home.

Relationship Status: Single

Where can people most likely find you around campus?

I’m involved in a lot and love being spontaneous, so you’ll most likely find me in the gym, downtown (from the radio station to the broadcast room), or in my apartment playing guitar or saxophone… unless the record player is on, then I’m dancing away.

What’s the best memory you’ve made so far at Loyola?

The best memory I’ve made at Loyola is not a singular moment, but a collection of everything that has gotten me where I am today. Every decision I’ve made, the opportunities I’ve created and have been presented with. The wonderful people I have met that have enriched the wonderful journey that I’m still venturing at Loyola.

What is the greatest quality you bring to a relationship?

I believe relationships need three things: trust, respect, and communication. With all my travels and diverse experiences and culture I’ve truly learned to value a different point of view and try to understand the person and why the do certain things. I believe I bring understanding to a relationship. I try to make the other person happy and love to make people smile. If you’re dating me and you don’t have a smile on your face or aren’t happy, I’m doing something wrong.

If money wasn’t an issue, what’s your ultimate date night look like?

Oh gosh, I guess it depends on if it’s the first date or a proposal, but I would love to create a theme park dedicated to the girl. Now, when I say theme park I don’t necessarily mean roller coasters and ferris wheels. I would want to take everything she loves, whether it be picnics, a folk band, her grandma’s cooking, cute puppies, etc. and organize it in a way so she can have a chance to enjoy it all in one day. My favorite thing is hearing girl’s story and why she loves life and I would incorporate all that.

What’s your favorite thing about being in a relationship?

My favorite thing about relationships are sharing moments, whether it’s discovering a new hole in the wall restaurant or having our first fight. I believe every moment is a building block to a stronger and longer lasting relationship. Plus it’s about enjoying the other person and having fun together! 

Kate is a small town lady with big city dreams. She is currently studying Advertising and Public Relations at Loyola University with a minor in Marketing. Moving to Chicago has been such an exciting experience for her. She enjoys traveling, attending social events, creating, shopping, keeping up with the latest music and fashion trends and so much more. She's so excited to be a part of the founding contributors of Her Campus LUC!