This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

The Office is very dynamic. It changes so much throughout the nine seasons it has. The actors get older, wiser, and more in character with every episode. It can be embarrassing and cringy at times, but once you give it a chance I promise you won’t regret it. 

Michael Scott You Complete Me gif
Giphy
I used to hate it when my friends watched it because of the character Michael. But, once I saw Jim and Pam’s relationship, I was like “ok I’ll put up with Michael.” So I watched the entire series skipping through every scene that didn’t have Jim and Pam! Haha I know I’m a little much, but I got to see how the other characters acted a little and I decided I’d give the whole series a try. And I did. I’ve now watched the series about seven times. I loved it. Each character is so unique and funny. They also have their sincere moments. I cried more than once watching the show.

My favorite episode is probably season 2 episode 10. I won’t tell you why because I hate spoilers. I love stories though, so if I went to explain it just a “little” I would go into detail too much and spoil it. So go on, watch it yourself for me. Right now it’s free if you have a Netflix account. They took it off Netflix on Jan 1, 2021, sadly. I’m getting the whole series off of Amazon or Walmart or ANYWHERE I can find it. And hey, if you see me in person you can always reference it, and you’ll be my new best friend *winky face*. 

the office sorry your party\'s so lame
Photo by Mandy Parker

I am the person who always makes The Office references, and I love learning new ones all the time. In my opinion, it’s one of the best ways to cheer someone up with gifs and references. You won’t know about them, though, unless you check it out for yourself.   My favorite character is probably Creed Bratton. Creed was born William Charles Schneider but actually goes by Creed Bratton. Fun fact: he made up a lot of his lines on the office, is a singer in real life (which are both things I learned by watching his interview on the news) and wrote the songs he sings on the show. I could go on and on, but that would take too long. Enjoy it while you can!

Mandy Parker

Louisiana Tech '23

I'm a sophomore majoring in sociology. I just want to help people wherever I can. Tomorrow is never promised, so I live for the moments we have now.
I'm a Junior Creative Writing major and Editor in Cheif for the Her Campus chapter at Louisiana Tech University, who hopes to be a professional writer/editor one day! I love to joke around, but also talk about critical moments in my life and those that surround me to hopefully offer entertainment and guidance to my readers!