Campus Celebrity: Lexi Giovagnoli

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

After moving to California at 15-years-old to pursue acting, Lexi Giovagnoli has had her share of experiences in the film industry. At LMU, she is a senior management major, a member of Tri Delta sorority with a position on Officers’ Council as Continuing Education Chairman, and a member of the Greek Leadership Honor Society, Order of Omega.

You’ve starred in two major horror films, Varsity Blood, and Bloody Homecoming. What has been the most exciting, or rewarding part of your “horror” experience thus far?

Out of all of the genres I’ve been a part of, horror is where I have some of my most fun filming experiences. I say this because I was given the opportunity to explore stunt work, something that I am always extremely excited about when I decide to be a part of a film. If I had to pick one specific example, it would be the stunt work I was able to do on the more recent of the two, Varsity Blood. I had a blast working on this film, but out of all of the stunts I was a part of, I would have to say jumping off of a roof was my absolute favorite.

Lexi Giovagnoli in Varsity Blood, 2014

What made you want to get into acting?

Well, as a child I grew up watching musical theater films. I think it was my mom’s way of curbing my extremely curious nature and giving her a break. I would watch those films and be mesmerized by what I saw. Even then, I think I knew that I wanted to pursue a career that would give people that same joy I experienced watching those films as a kid. Naturally that led to my pursuit of competitive dance throughout my youth and as well as the songs I use to make up around my house. One summer my mom sent me to an acting program instead of dance camp and well the rest is pretty much history.

Who is your biggest role model?

I know this is cheesy but my mom is my biggest role model.  She is one of the most compassionate, hard working people I know and she constantly pushes me to the best version of myself. A trait of hers that I haven’t necessarily always loved, but as an adult I deeply appreciate it. 

Are you working on any projects right now?

Though I am an actor, I am also a senior trying to graduate, so school is normally my focus as well as my sorority officer position during the semesters. Usually I try to work around my school schedule and film on breaks when I can. I am currently in talks to possibly film a project in January before classes start again in the Spring, but as of now nothing is definite. 

Jordan Bierbower is a junior at Loyola Marymount University with a love of reading, writing, and drawing. She spends her free time binge-watching Netflix and reading YA novels until 4 o'clock in the morning. Jordan is pursuing a degree in English with a writing concentration, and a double-minor in Studio Arts and Screenwriting. Her dream is to become a published author, and work for a publishing company in New York City.
Her Campus LMU