5 Best Halloween Movies To Watch this Spooky Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.
Hocus Pocus (1993)

A classic Disney Halloween movie with a taste of witchcraft is a perfect way to spend the night! A trio of witches have risen from the dead after a young teenager awakens them from their graves. Now it is up to him and his sister to stop the witches from gaining immortality and save Halloween.

IT (2017)

If you like jump scares and thrillers, this movie is definitely for you! IT focuses on the lives of seven children who discover that a killer clown has taken over their sewer system in the town that they live in. The clown goes by the name Pennywise and reappears every 27 years to lure the children into the sewers and kill them. This horror movie will leave you facing your darkest childhood fears of killer clowns and avoiding every sewer you encounter.

us (2019)

As a family of four embark on a vacation to a beachfront house, a group of four people begin to follow them. One night, the family notices four people dressed in red robes standing in their driveway who soon break into their house and unmask themselves. The family comes to find out that the four people are their doppelgängers. In order to make it out alive, they must face their fears and kill the people who look just like them.

Practical Magic (1998)

This 90’s romance movie focuses on two witch sisters whose family has been cursed by a coven of witches when one of their ancestors fell in love with a human long ago. Now, the sisters must work together to break this curse or else their partners will soon die. This story emphasizes the importance of rekindling a sister bond and that love can break any spell. Combined with magical realism and black magic, this movie will leave you wanting to be swept off your feet this Halloween season.

scream (1996)

Be careful making popcorn this Halloween season. You never know who’s watching you outside your window. This thriller showcases a masked killer on the loose who is murdering high schoolers. As the killings escalate, a group of teenagers form a plan to follow the rules and plot of an original horror film in order to catch the killer and survive.

Hopefully these horror movies will make your Halloween this year even spookier than the last!

🎃 Related: 5 Ultimate Halloween Movies That Old Disney Fans Will Love
Hi! My name is Sofia and I’m from Los Angeles, CA. I love breakfast burritos, journaling, and the beach!