Why Mariah Carey Is A Diva & It’s Okay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

Mariah Carey, oh man what can we say about her? Everything. She may not be the same Mariah we all grew up with and loved, but she is still Mariah Carey. While she isn’t everyone’s favorite, we cannot be oblivious to her talent and what she brought to society… a unique personality.

1) Vocals

Mariah Carey was the queen of the 90s! Yes, her vocals may not be the same today, but she started the unique scream that Ariana Grande has adopted today! Mariah Carey was also one of the few artists that was able to sing live and sound the same, if not better, than her soundtracks.

2) Confidence

If anyone has confidence, it’s Mariah Carey! She does not care about anyone making fun of her and not liking her for who she is. She is all about her and no one else. It might sound very egotistical, but come on, don’t you want her confidence?

3) Shade

I mean seriously, girl has shade! If someone says something about her, give her some time and she will throw it back twice as worse. We can all learn from her and her snide remarks and maybe one day, we can shade away that one person who is rude to us all the time.

4) She’s One of a Kind

Who else will change her outfits 15 times for a 30-minute show (Cribs Episode) like Mariah Carey? No one. Mariah is known for being the biggest diva in Hollywood and most of it has to do with her not being able to do anything by herself.  She is known for being extravagant, but at the end of the day, she is one of the most unique artists out there and definitely one to admire.

Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.