Vogue Edition: Anna Giralt for Vogue Mexico

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

I was fortunate enough to have come across a Vogue editor during my previous internship with FashionLab Agency. The co-founder of the New York-based showroom was my supervisor and she has given me a thrilling experience with writing. Little do others may know, Anna is also a Vogue Editor for Vogue Mexico. The Barcelona-native has since become an undeniable New Yorker with her own sense of style and rhythm that tumultuously parallels that of the city that never sleeps. I sat down with Anna yesterday with a few questions about her career.

Courtesy of @giraltanna

What is your first memory of Vogue?

It was writing a really long article about the Ralph Lauren boutiques.  and the best stores that they have in the world. It was really nice to get to see the beautiful buildings that were historical infrastructures that are now renovated into high-end boutiques. I always remember that article.

What is your first impression on your first day with Vogue?

I felt that my dream came true because since I was little, I’ve loved fashion. When I was about 14 years old, I knew that I wanted to become a writer and for me, Vogue is the best magazine. It’s the top magazine where I could work so when they told me I was to be on board with them, I was really happy.

Courtesy of @giraltanna

How long have you been with Vogue Mexico?

Since August 2009.

What has been an invaluable piece of information that you received?

What I learned is that anything can happen – it’s good to have some magic in your life. When you’re at Vogue, that magic happens. It could be at an event, or while you’re interviewing someone or someone you’ve met; at the point where you think it can’t get any better than this, something or someone surprises you and suddenly, it’s the most extraordinary moment of your life. Sometimes, you get to see an amazing collection and it makes you think that this is it, it’s the best collection of my life. But then two seasons later, a designer or even a new designer comes into the picture and makes you say wow.

Courtesy of @giraltanna

What would we find on your desk at work that’s specific to you?

A notebook. I’m very organized – I need to write everything down in pencil because my ideas can change at all times. Sometimes it’s when I’m drafting an article or when I interview someone, I like to take notes even though I’m recording the conversation. I’m an old-school that way.

Must-have coffee table books?

Any book from one of the Costume Institute from the Met Exhibitions. They’re amazing. I think that they do a great job and it’s actually sponsored and organized by Vogue. I have all of them because I actually get to attend every season. It’s like Christmas for me, and I would go with a few group of journalists and the entire venue is closed. You’re all inside the private event with all this culture, art, and history that I love. If you’re a fashionista, I think these books are must-haves.

What would we find on your bedside table at home?

A book. I love reading and I think it’s really important to read. I only have hard copies, I do not like Kindles or electronic replacements. But any kind of book will do, it doesn’t have to relate to fashion. I think it’s important to stimulate your intellect because nowadays, everyone is more into watching movies or streaming series online.

Describe your vanity

The most important product to have is a moisturizer. Start off with a clean face, a good moisturizer, and a good mascara – you’re ready to go anywhere.

How would you describe your personal style?

I like to keep everything casual, and that includes every part of my life. So I always think that less is more. I’m very minimalistic but I also like to have that chic European style that you may not find very often around here.

What do you love most about your job?

All the people that you meet and all the different stories I get to write. The different places that I get to go to are always changing. Nothing repeats and it’s never the same. Getting to work with wonderful people even behind the scenes like the PR team or the production team that you collaborate with during a shoot. You can make friends for life and they’re all great individuals in this industry. Despite what people may think about fashion industry insiders, there are great people out there.

Complete this sentence: Vogue is…

The fashion bible – it’s everything you need in fashion.

Beauty & skin care enthusiast, and training MUA on the side. From Bangkok, Thailand and based in Manhattan, New York. I am an international globetrotter with a profound passion for gastronomy and the film industry. Born in Thailand, grew up in Belgium, I have an immense curiosity for learning different languages.  Please don't be shy and find me on my social media platforms at @graceactually and don't forget to visit my beauty channel on YouTube!
Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.