A Ranking of Traditional Thanksgiving Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

This is a definitive ranking of traditional Thanksgiving foods, criticism not taken.

Mashed potatoes and gravy

NO DEBATE NECESSARY. The best part of Thanksgiving is the mashed potatoes and gravy. Smooth, delicious, easy to make, it is what everyone looks forward to. With or without lumps, no Thanksgiving is complete unless you eat at least three huge scoops of mashed potatoes and gravy.

Pumpkin pie

A Thanksgiving dessert table is nothing without pumpkin pie. The classic pie that only comes out once a year is definitely one of the best parts of the meal. It is even good for a Black Friday breakfast, trust me.

Collard greens

I know many families do not have greens on their Thanksgiving table but they are really missing out. They are SO good and even better with bacon. If your family doesn’t make these, bring them and you can totally steal the show.

Turkey/Ham

Whether you have turkey, ham, or both on the table, it is what everyone looks at. True, it is delicious but gets old quickly and is much better on sandwiches made from leftovers.

Stuffing

Stuffing is a Thanksgiving staple and is never made at any other time. It is good but no one is eating more than two servings.

Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce, the only colorful dish on the table. It is not disgusting but no one would miss it.

Sweet potatoes

This might be controversial, but sweet potatoes are the worst part of Thanksgiving. They are too sweet, have a weird texture, and if you put marshmallows on them DO NOT SPEAK TO ME.

coordsize=”21600,21600″ o:spt=”75″ o:preferrelative=”t” path=”m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=”f” stroked=”f”>

style=’width:239pt;height:119pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square’>

o:title=””/>

I am a third year student at LIM College studying Marketing with a concentration in cosmetics. I currently intern for ELLE Magazine and I love taking aesthetically pleasing pictures for my instagram! Follow me here: @niicoleheaney