Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

With the onset of autumn come crisp temperatures, falling leaves, and beautiful colors. As we pull out our boots from the cobwebs in our closets we also bring back those cozy sweaters, corduroys, and of course, vests. With the new season comes a whole new palette of colors. Summer was full of neon and pastels, so this year instead of resorting to the greys, crèmes and blacks we all know and love; let’s bring some fall color into that wardrobe.

The Royal Treatment
Sorry Kate Middleton, but just because you’re a princess doesn’t mean we can’t dress like one! It’s all about royal blue, ladies. This rich color is the perfect way to stay bright with the cold weather. Whether a royal blue top with a pair of skinny jeans or a crème top with some royal blue pants, this color is versatile and looks amazing with virtually everyone’s skin tone!

The Green Goddess
Green has been a popular color for the past few seasons and really is a great color to mix into anyone’s wardrobe. For a darker look, pair a forest green top under a crème vest with your favorite skinny jeans—add gold accessories and you have a chic look for a brisk autumn day. If you want a brighter look, try Kelly green. Not only does this color look beautiful as a top, but also as a scarf to give your look a little pop of color.

Beautiful in Burgundy
Burgundy just about screams elegance. This gorgeous, rich color looks beautiful on brunettes, blondes, redheads—just about anyone can pull it off! For a date night, a burgundy dress with a pair of chestnut colored or even cheetah heels is a great look!

A Dash of Feline
Every girl has to have a cheetah accessory! Now ladies, too much cheetah can be overwhelming and look tacky, so try to keep this feline fashion to statement pieces. A pair of cheetah flats looks great with so many different colors! Also, a cheetah scarf is a fun way to spice up any outfit! If you are going to rock the cheetah top, try a more muted color palette, for example, a mix of greys as opposed to the usual tan and black.